Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dealer problem.

Options
  • 08-07-2007 6:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40

A bit of a long story but anyways.
    My dad ordered a Nissan Qashqai back in March. At the time he was told he would get the car in either May or June.So June came and he rang the dealer to see what the story was with the car and was told to ring back in a week.This was done and was then told that Nissan Ireland had confirmed that our car was on the way and would have it in a week or two but dont ring us we will ring you. So over two weeks passed and nothing so he rang the garage and was told that the guy who he was dealing with was away till mid July and they had no knowledge of our car coming. They did say that they were getting some cars in on the 15th but had no idea if his would be one but hoped it would be but couldn't say and the next delivery after that would be August.
    So what do you guys think. Is he being givin the run around.Surely they would know what cars they are getting in on the next delivery?

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Was he given a delivery date in writing? From what I gather, he wasn't so he can't really do much!
    Anyhow, I was under the impression that Ireland's 2006 Cashcow quota was sold

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I'm not sure what you can really do here. Seeing as this model is very hard to get hold of if your father decides to cancel the car I'm sure the garage will have no problem finding someone else to buy it instead who most probably will be prepared to wait for it.

I would not be surprised that there might be a waiting list for possible cancelled orders too. I'm afraid the laws of supply and demand apply here

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Niall06

That seems crazy.
    I ordered one at the end of Feb and was told six weeks but I got it within four weeks.
    Sounds like he is getting the runaround alright.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Can anyone please explain the Qashqai frenzy to me? I'm not sure I get it.

One of the saddest things I've ever seen was at Dublin Airport a couple of weeks ago, where a guy departing on his holidays with his family proudly exclaimed quite loudly so that people could hear, that he had brought his Qashqai user manual on holidays with him to read every detail of it.

WTF?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,684 ✭✭✭whippet

an uncle of mine has bought one and you'd swear he had spend half a million on a Aston Martin the way he talks about his €25K purchase.

it is a dream for irish people .. to be in a position to buy a 4x4 that isn't really a 4x4 with a 1.5 diesel engine with a decent spec level for the price of a Golf . So what if you would probably miss it as it blends effortlessly in the the bland background of jap designed cars.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

I dunno, they are poxy looking cars IMO , but thats neither here nor there !

Did the OP's father leave a deposit and get a receipt, is he trading in anything ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

ye I don't have a clue, I'm not a fan of them at all... and I certainly wouldnn't go around shouting that I had brought my Qashqai user manual on holidays with me to read every detail of it.

Advertisement