Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sushi Ingredients

• 08-07-2007 9:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭

Hi,

I wanna source ingredients for sushi rolls, but I couldn't find any in Tesco in Waterford or on their website. Is there any speciality shops around dealing in these ingredients, in Waterford or Dublin?

Typical ingredients would be sushi rice, seaweed sheets, wusabi, shaved ginger, rice vinegar (I can get the fish and vegetables alright).

Thanks for your help.
    Edson.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Vinegar on ebay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

There are a few asian markets in Dublin. There is one in Rathmines. One on Gerorges street and one behind georges street. They all have the ingredients.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭edson

cheers for that kmick
    any info for waterford would be great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭i71jskz5xu42pb

The bigger Tescos in Dublin seem to have nori and vinegar - I have not seen sushi rice, wasabi or pickled ginger.

The Asia Market in Dublin does all you need - mats included. (That place is worth a visit for the freezer alone - frozen frogs legs, chicken feet, snails, etc. )

There is bound to be an oriental food store somewhere in Waterford. Did you try the golden pages? Or Cork for sure.

I've been doing for a a few months now - well worth it. You save a fortune against what you'd pay in a restaurant and apart from the rice being a bit finicky it's dead simple. Great step by step guide here

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭edson

if i'm in dublin i'll visit those asian markets
    i'll have a look around waterford too
    i learned to make it in australia and i've been hooked since

• Advertisement
Advertisement