Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Welcome Florent Malouda

• 08-07-2007 9:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭

Finally the blues spend money, he's the third french player we have signed who has won french player of the yr, after Drogs and Essien.
    a strong player who gets his fair share of goals, can play up front if needed to be.

Now just Alex and I wish another forward and I'd be happy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

well. he's at the right club

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Interesting development. Apparently Liverpool were in for him earlier, and either refused to meet the price or there was an unwillingness from the owners to stump up the cash...

Either way, it will be interesting to see how he performs, and if Liverpool made a big mistake.

Also, does it pave the way for Robben to leave now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

eh, no-one else wanted him.

Odds are he'll suck a*s for at least a year before settling in as mediocre :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭heyjude

You have to wonder though, how many games Malouda will start, especially if Chelsea play a 4-4-2. Even with the departures from the club, they still seem to have plenty of midfielders such as Cole, Lampard, Essien, Mikel, Ballack, Sidwell, Diarra, Wright-Phillips, Robben and I'm not sure is Makelele, still there too ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Mourinho has already stated its going to be 4-4-3, this does not mean Robben is leaving, though I think SWP could leave.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

smuckers wrote:
    Mourinho has already stated its going to be 4-4-3, this does not mean Robben is leaving, though I think SWP could leave.
    Dropping the keeper, very ambitious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

zabbo wrote:
    Dropping the keeper, very ambitious

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Superb player :( Now to have the attacking flair sucked out of him ala Robben and Duff.

I hope they play him out wide as a RWF.

kdjac

oops 4-3-3 I meant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Mourinho has already stated its going to be 4-3-3

Linky?

I think Malouda is a great signing, he'll do well in the premiership.

• Advertisement

he said it in The chels magazine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

smuckers wrote:
    oops 4-3-3 I meant

Ah, for a moment I thought that was a witty comment!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Reverting to 4-3-3 is a big deal for Chelsea and it will make them considerably stronger. If they keep Sheva, I think you will find them lining up the following way for alot of the season:

Cech
    RB
    Car
    Terry
    Cole
    Essien

Ballack
    Lampard
    -Sheva
    Malouda-
    Drogba

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Really can't see Joe Cole not being a part of the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Woops fair point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Wow, if he reverts to 4-3-3, the title race will be a lot more interesting imo, Chelsea are a much better team as a 4-3-3, but if they sell Robben, imo, their wingers will be weak, Malouda and Joe Cole isn't as good as Robben and Duff was, and while SWP is showing good signs, Maloudas signing says it all about Mourinhos faith in him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,425 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Malouda and Joe Cole would and should both be a lot better then Duff was - Duff was fairly poor for Chelsea under Jose. Partly, imo, because of Jose, but the fact is he wasn't very good most of the time. Joe Cole has since become a very important player for Chelsea, and Malouda's direct nature and pace should be very effeective.

As regards SWP - i agree with you in so far as Jose doesn't see him as a first team regular, which is a shame cause in the last stint of the seaon, he was one of chelseas most dangerous players.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Tauren wrote:
    Malouda and Joe Cole would and should both be a lot better then Duff was - Duff was fairly poor for Chelsea under Jose.
    Well up until Mourinho really changed his game. Duff and Robben were playing some great stuff together under Mourinho.

Mourinho back in December 2004:
    “Damien is our best player, he has been for the last six weeks. He is capable of winning a game on his own and his performances in our recent matches have been fantastic.

“Since Arjen Robben came back from his injury, everyone has been talking about Robben, Robben, Robben, but people forget about Damien. He has scored some incredible goals, his movement in an attacking and defensive sense is fantastic.

“We are going to Highbury to win this game and we’re in confident mood. All our forwards are in good form but Damien is the best of the lot.”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Jose has praised Hilario before so his word means nothing. He also has a tendancy to praise the players he thinks needs praise more as opposed to the best

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,659 ✭✭✭The Rooster

I find it very odd that so many people forget the period when Duff and Robben were outstanding for Chelsea, and Chelsea were fantastic to watch. They were a huge factor in Chelsea's first title win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

smuckers wrote:
    Finally the blues spend money, he's the third french player we have signed who has won french player of the yr, after Drogs and Essien.

except neither of those two are french...

I meant the third player we signed in a french league. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Welcome to sitting on the bench Florent :D

Class player and a manager who has more MF's than he knows what do with...unfortunately for Malouda :(

Well with Robben possibly going you have Cole SWP Kalou (thoguh I'd class him as a ST) and Malouda fighting for the wide pos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

smuckers wrote:
    Well with Robben possibly going you have Cole SWP Kalou (thoguh I'd class him as a ST) and Malouda fighting for the wide pos.
    Based on last season though Jose aint exactly keen on wing play!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

I can only assume Malouda was signed because Robben is deffinately off. If not, then this is a ridiculous signing....

Advertisement