Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

3's coverage in NI looks really bad

• 08-07-2007 9:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭

I was up in Donegal over the weekend and drove through NI for a bit, Omagh etc. I managed to spot a brief bit of 3 coverage in Omagh, that was it during a one hour drive. This part of NI is admittedly not really a happening spot, but by 3 Ireland standards the coverage appears to be dreadful.

Why do I complain? Without 3's own coverage, I don't get free roaming.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭neilled

Blaster, where were you driving through? If it was Fermanagh, NONE of the networks have any 3g coverage there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

I was driving along the A5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭Terrontress

I suppose it is all to do with where the population is. I have used my 3 in Belfast loads, all the way up to Coleraine and down as far as Newry and in Warrenpoint I was able to use 3 Ireland coverage.

I am nearly sure that when I was in London and I went out of 3 coverage and onto T-mobile coverage that it didn't cost any extra to make calls.

Can anyone else confirm this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

Blaster99 wrote:
    I was up in Donegal over the weekend and drove through NI for a bit, Omagh etc. I managed to spot a brief bit of 3 coverage in Omagh, that was it during a one hour drive. This part of NI is admittedly not really a happening spot, but by 3 Ireland standards the coverage appears to be dreadful.

A happening spot in the north of Ireland? You would need to be an explorer :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

I am nearly sure that when I was in London and I went out of 3 coverage and onto T-mobile coverage that it didn't cost any extra to make calls.

Can anyone else confirm this?

I would have to say that you are mistaken: you have to be on 3 UK for it not to cost. Perhaps the charges have just not been passed on yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,342 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I found the same on the N2/A5. coverage disappeared outsid of the towns. When travelling south and going through Monaghan I didn't pick up a signal at all 3 or Vodafone au pair either...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

oh thats a shame
    you have to be on 3's 3G network to get 3 like home
    not the company they use 2g of

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

Blaster99 wrote:
    I was driving along the A5.

Is that by Strabane and Sion Mills or did you come from South Donegal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,342 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Jakkass wrote:
    Is that by Strabane and Sion Mills or did you come from South Donegal?

Both towns have coverage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

So it doesn't cut off until you get to the Omagh Bypass or so?

Hutch3GUKCoverage_hut10map0157961149852.jpg

Threes 3G coverage in the North doesn't look too great (just the red spots).

• Advertisement
Advertisement