Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IP Addresses Failing (Xbox Live)

Options
  • 08-07-2007 10:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭

Hi basicly I got myself an xbox 360 today and upon trying to connect to Xbox Live its saying my IP is failing. I'm running through an Ice Broadband router with just on ethernet port so obviously I can't have my Xbox Live and home internet running simultaneously. The IP's aren't the same for both so has anyone advice on how I can get it to work?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

YOu sure ICE provide a router and not just a modem?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

You may well be right. No wonder other people have been confused. Real sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭MickH503

DSB wrote:
    You may well be right. No wonder other people have been confused. Real sorry.
    If it is a modem, shouldn't the XBox work if you tell it to automatically acquire it's IP address? Then reboot ...???

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

You probably have to re-power the modem too. Getting an ethernet WAN router (Argos calls them Cable) and putting Xbox in DMZ will work better.

Advertisement