Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Westmeath -v- Donegal

• 08-07-2007 10:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭

ok, so we drew Westmeath away.... hard to know how this will go down in Mullingar. Westmeath had a good win over Longford, but Longford beat them well a few weeks back.
    It was still too close for comfort against Leitrim on Saturday though.... jaysus..
    Anybody know what time the match is on at next weekend??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,333 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Dont fancy our chances tbh. But I will be glad to be proved wrong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Carrickman

Could have been worse, one of Westmeaths best players (can't remeber his name) got injured on Saturday and is out of this match Donegal sould win this- hopfuly, it's tough work following them this weather not good for the heart!!

Match confirmed for 7pm in Cusack Park, Mullingar no word if it is on TV yet hope it is as I have to go to a wedding on Saturday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭MikeTheMan

Carrickman wrote:
    Match confirmed for 7pm in Cusack Park, Mullingar no word if it is on TV yet hope it is as I have to go to a wedding on Saturday.

Cheers for that Carrickman,

I think RTE releae their coverage schedules later today, so you should know by then.
    Def heading down to Mullingar. Anybody else from hear going as well?

From RTE.ie
    The Saturday Game, RTÉ Two, 6.30pm
    Michael Lyster will be joined by some of RTÉ's expert GAA panellists for analysis and review of the evening's live Round 2 All Ireland Football Qualifier (Match TBC after draw on 8th July). Ger Canning will provide the commentary with throw in at 7.00pm.
    :rolleyes:
    RTÉ will screen the All-Ireland Senior Hurling Qualifier, Round 3 match between Tipperary and Cork on The Saturday Game Live this weekend.

Coverage from Semple Stadium will be at 6.30pm with a 7.00pm throw-in.
    :mad:

• Advertisement

Match now at 5pm on Saturday.

Hey Carrickman,
    Where did you hear that throw-in is at 5pm?
    Media and donegal Gaa website indicate it is still a 7pm throw-in.
    Thanks..

Wonder what the story is for Adrian Sweeney, I saw that he didn't even travel with the rest of the team to Carrick-on-Shannon and McIver hasn't been in contact with him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

It would appear he wasn't happy about not starting against Leitrim. MvIver wanted to use him as an impact sub.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭blackbelt

Come on Westmeath.:D Hopefully David Duffy will get his place this time out.

Tis the year of the under-dogs.Armagh are out and Galway got beaten to the post by Sligo.

Donegal had the advantage of home fixtures against most of the big teams in the league.Now they face Westmeath in Mullingar after a tight game against Leitrim in Carrick On Shannon.Westmeath being one of the most unpredictable teams in the country will fancy their chances.Look what they did to Galway last year and 2004 was a shocker to say the least.To see Donegal get knocked out would be hilarious after so much hype.No offence to you Donegal guys,I don't have a problem with Donegal but the attitude of those cocky Donegal fans I did meet must have worn thin by now.

A complete turn-around in June-July compared to February-April.However this game is too hard to predict much like the Kildare-Louth game.

blackbelt wrote:
    Come on Westmeath.:D Hopefully David Duffy will get his place this time out.

Tis the year of the under-dogs.Armagh are out and Galway got beaten to the post by Sligo.

Donegal had the advantage of home fixtures against most of the big teams in the league.Now they face Westmeath in Mullingar after a tight game against Leitrim in Carrick On Shannon.Westmeath being one of the most unpredictable teams in the country will fancy their chances.Look what they did to Galway last year and 2004 was a shocker to say the least.To see Donegal get knocked out would be hilarious after so much hype.No offence to you Donegal guys,I don't have a problem with Donegal but the attitude of those cocky Donegal fans I did meet must have worn thin by now.

A complete turn-around in June-July compared to February-April.However this game is too hard to predict much like the Kildare-Louth game.

Eh, I think you posted this in the wrong forum Blackbelt.... you come on a Donegal forum and slag it off.... wee bit odd.

Anyway, back to the point. Westmeath got a good beating by Longford a few weeks back, don't forget that. Yes, I agree that Donegal's form in the championship to date has been a far cry from some of our great performances in the League. In any case, I cannot see Westmeath being strong enough to overcome Donegal on Saturday, even if the game is in Mullingar. You say that a lot of our games were won on home soil, but don't forget we disposed of both Kildare and Mayo in Croker, which proves that playing Westmeath in Cusack Park really will have no bearing on the outcome of the game.

I predict Donegal to take this by 4 or 5 points on Saturday.

GO ON TIR CHONAILL :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭blackbelt

Ah,I'm not slagging off Donegal but to be honest I am a wee bit biased as my cousin play(ed) for Westmeath.Not sure why he hasn't been on the panel this year.It was a breath of fresh air to see Donegal dominate the league and beat the big guns.

Donegal were in amazing form during Winter/Spring.I thought something was up when they were lucky to get past Armagh.Now look what happened Armagh,they got knocked out by Derry and Tyrone hammered Donegal previously.A narrow victory over Leitrim isn't too encouraging in my opinion even though I acknowledge Leitrim are fierce hard to beat in Carrick-On-Shannon.I thought Donegal would have the reserves to stamp their claim on the AI by making an example of Leitrim.I did however predict Donegal to win by 4 points by pulling away in the last 10-15mins.

Westmeath being beaten by Longford only to come back and take revenge in style highlights how unpredictable they are.Lets not forget they were walking the park with Longford before they crumbled in the second half.Should be very interesting.

MikeTheMan wrote:
    Hey Carrickman,
    Where did you hear that throw-in is at 5pm?
    Qualifier time changes
    11 July 2007

Changed back to 7pm.
    Saturday’s All-Ireland second round qualifier clash between Westmeath and Donegal at Cusack Park, Mullingar, has reverted back to its original throw in time of 7pm while the Offaly and Dublin All-Ireland SHC qualifier in Tullamore now has a 3pm start time.

The game in Mullingar was moved forward to a 5pm throw in yesterday but Croke Park have reverted back to the original start time of 7pm, with the Westmeath-Kerry Christy Ring Cup game preceding it at 5pm.

Not a great time for fans traveling from Donegal (thought they moved it to 5 for the traveling fans), imagine if it go's to extra time again this week!

well lads,

Just back from Mullingar...

Great game for Donegal, Brendan Devenney had a fine game.
    Knew we would dispose of Westmeath fairly handily... they didnt look lik ethe side that double-score against Longford two weeks ago, but we had a good showing.

Well done Donegal. Good to see the team back on track for Sam.
    Tir Chonaill abu,
    Mike

Yip the team is starting to look good again roll on Monaghan!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

blackbelt wrote:
    To see Donegal get knocked out would be hilarious after so much hype.No offence to you Donegal guys,I don't have a problem with Donegal but the attitude of those cocky Donegal fans I did meet must have worn thin by now.

Substitute Dublin for Donegal here and exact same applies! :D

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Joe Don Dante

Westmeath 1-08 v 1-13 Donegal

Scorers
    WM - M Flanagan 1-0, D Dolan 0-3 (2f), D Glennon 0-2, F Wilson, M Ennis, A Mangan (0-1 each).

DGL - B Devaney 1-2 (1f), K McMenamin 0-2 (2f), R Kavanagh 0-3 , M Murphy 0-2, N McGready, R Bradley, C Bonner (0-1 each).

N McCready and C Bonner sent off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,461 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Westmeath 1-08 v 1-13 Donegal

Scorers
    WM - M Flanagan 1-0, D Dolan 0-3 (2f), D Glennon 0-2, F Wilson, M Ennis, A Mangan (0-1 each).

DGL - B Devaney 1-2 (1f), K McMenamin 0-2 (2f), R Kavanagh 0-3 , M Murphy 0-2, N McGready, R Bradley, C Bonner (0-1 each).

N McCready and C Bonner sent off

did you just get back ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,333 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Thread closed for obvious reasons

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement