Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

AHH! - Idea for midweek family break in Ireland?

• 08-07-2007 11:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭

No summer holiday abroad for us this year as we recently had a baby!...

So, i have been looking on tripadvisor and not come up with much.

I need to find a midweek break for myself, my wife and our 3 kids all under 5 yrs in Ireland, going within the next 2-3 weeks and for 2 or 3 nights midweek.

We were in galway last summer, so that is out this year, and would leave out County Kerry as we have parents there and are always down there. We are based in Navan and dont mind where in Ireland at all.

To be honest... I am stumped on where to go (hence why im asking on here!) so any help with this would be very much appreciated!

Would like hotel (pref with pool for the kids) or self catering. (guest house and b&b is out due to the baby waking during the night! - i wouldn't feel comfortable waking people in the confines of a guest house or b&b!)

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭belleray

Its been ages but when I was younger my family went to Athlone for a great trip, took the car and went on little day trips, did some boat rides on the Shannon, visited Birr castle and telescope and clonmacnoise and went of bog tours, it was good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 jimmyjoe9

How about Mulranny Park Inn Hotel..
    apartments on site.. half hour from Achill and Westport
    http://www.parkinnmulranny.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 kim2

Check out the select hotels of Ireland website. I got the below prices from them for the Kilkenny River Court Hotel ;

"3BB 1D - Bank Holiday Weekend - 03rd August 2007 - 05th August 2007 @ Euro 300.00 Per Person

2BB Midweek - Euro 150.00 Per Person
    2BB 1D Midweek - Euro 155.00 Per Person Sunday / Monday / Tuesday
    2BB 1D Midweek - Euro 175.00 Per Person Wednesday / Thursday

2BB Weekend - Euro 210.00 Per Person
    2BB 1D Weekend - Euro 250.00 Per Person

There is no charge for an Infant."

We have a little one too. I asked if the pool was suitable for children and they replied that they do not have a seperate childrens pool but the main pool is the same depth throughout the pool.

Advertisement