Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mind your cars.....and keep an eye out for my stuff, please

Options
  • 08-07-2007 11:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭

Went out to head to work this morning to find the two wind deflectors gone from my side windows.

In the scheme of things, not the biggest crime ever, as they only cost €70but if anyone happens to spot 307 wind deflectors (3dr) offered from a dodgy source I'd be obliged if you could give the Gardai a buzz, or better still, give me a PM with details so that I can beat the crap out of the scum who decided to nick them.....

Am half tempted to head down to the market next weekend to see if they're there, but it's kinda pointless because there'd be no proof that the ones there were actually mine......

Anyway, let the bastards rot in hell, coz to me, there are 3 crimes involved...

1) Tampering with a vehicle
    2) Nicking the things themselves
    3) Damage to the rubber seal around the windows

While yeah, there are more serious crimes than this (I wasn't even going to report it until someone said that it was no harm to let the Gardai know it was going on) it just annoys me that people exist that do crap like this......

And the do-gooders will tell ya that these scum shoud be rehabilitated or offered facilities or it's not their fault, etc, etc..... :mad:

The mood I'm in tonight I'd nearly vote for the state to shoot and hang the serious criminals leaving room for the "petty scumbags" in jails, and then lock 'em up and throw away the key!

I don't know what retarded gene these scum have that makes them not care about other people, their property, laws or even basic right and wrong, but at the very least they should be neutered so that future generations would be comprised of decent, law-abiding citizens.

Small crime in the scheme of things, yeah, but a piss-off when you consider the 90% or so of us who actually believe in right and wrong.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

They will more than likely be sold out of someones house rather than at the market to be honest.

Nothing ****s me off more than when someone steals something. having had it happen to me more than once, I can imagine how pissed off you might feel.

I had one ****er steal an airband scanner from me many moons ago, the funny thing is, I had the guy come to my door looking for it to be tuned,

As there was no way of proving that the thing was mine (it had all my presets in it, but because it was second hand when I bought it there was no doccumentation with it) there was nothing that could be done about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Liam Byrne wrote:
    The mood I'm in tonight I'd nearly vote for the state to shoot and hang the serious criminals leaving room for the "petty scumbags" in jails, and then lock 'em up and throw away the key!

Try not to lose that mood .

They could even have been stolen to order , or it could have just been mindless vandalism . I came out of my friends house one night to find that someone had kicked the side mirrors off my vectra .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Liam Byrne wrote:
    [snips].....While yeah, there are more serious crimes than this (I wasn't even going to report it until someone said that it was no harm to let the Gardai know it was going on) it just annoys me that people exist that do crap like this......[snips]

In my experience, if they had robbed the car itself and then proceeded to joyride around the neighbourhood for an hour before burning it out the Gardai wouldn't have cared any more and couldn't care any less.

- Its all about Bank Holiday overtime for those lazy fools, they spend their days idly sponging on State funds while writing traffic tickets for the tax-payers that have to pay for their incompetence :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭BobTheBeat

Really sorry to hear about that Liam. Nothing excuses this type of behaviour. And the thing is its the tip of the iceberg. These pr*cks see themselves as being the disenfranchised of society and are allowed to carry on like this. The only thing they deserve is a serious hammering from the people they rob.

I had a badge ripped off my car outside the cinema in castletroy a number of weeks ago. It didnt cost half as much as the damage done to your car, (or yours jonski), my feeling was the same no doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Aesop

Liam,
    Feel your pain. I had both the wing mirrors kicked off my car on Halloween (now their is a night tailor made for yobos to have fun). That was the fourth incident in 12 months (including getting keyed TWICE). I don't know what to tell you. There is no commitment to tackle this kind of hooliganism. The sad things is if you caught this little b*&tard doing this and beat the crap out of him you would be the one in court defending yourself. The Gardai shrugged his shoulders and only wanted to know if he would have to fill out a form for insurance purposes. I am from Limerick and spent most of my life defending it against it's bad name. At times like that I wonder why I bother.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

Liam, I absolutely understand you. Boiling blood, fuming, raging...

I'm living in a apartment complex with fence, wall and electric gate (the ones you need a fob to open it from the outside). a few weeks ago on a saturday afternoone on broad daylight, 3:30pm, a couple of scumbags were climbing over the fence and tried to break the chainlock of my scooter. i have it in front of my door, and if the dog behind the door didn't went berserk i wouldn't have noticed it.

at this point i lost all do-gooding i had meself and developed a hate against this filthy scum. Even burning them alive on a stake would be to good for them!

Those bastards are the cancer of our city and of our society. and we all know that the only cure for cancer is cutting the cancer cells out and burn them. As Aesop said, why should i still defend Limerick if this fúcking shítheads threaden me and my neighbours like this? but that's another thread...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Sorry to hear it Liam. I had the rear wiper ripped from my Punto twice over the last two years, and I live in Castletroy. I mainly blame it on the fact my house is on the end corner of a row of houses that is on one of the main pedestrian routes between the Stables and Kilmurry Lodge, so there is a lot of drunken student traffic by my house. Also means I dare not to put out the bins on a Wednesday night, as I will surely have a garden full of rubbish and/or a burned out wheelie bin, and have to wake up before the binmen come so I can put out the bins.

First time was halloween night 2005, and I didn't actually notice it gone until late the next day, so I am not 100% sure that it happened there or in UL carpark. Second time was about 4 months ago, and the front-right wiper and rear wiper was also ripped off from my friends car (to make it worse, it was her parent's car). I have yet to replace it, as I was lucky to have passed the NCT the previous week and simply haven't been able to afford it since.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

Had the wing mirrors kicked off my car twice in the city centre. One time I was parked for all of 15mins and came back to find it done. Funny how it makes your blood boil so much at the time, looking back I think lifes too short to stress out too much about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

In a way I agree, wingnut - the scum have done enough damage by what they do to allow them to ruin your day/week as well.

Just wish there was an inbuilt gene that made everyone want to contribute to society in some little way, rather that drag it down......

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

My car was broken into 6 times in 5 months. Granted, it was a crappy Nissan Sunny, but I still have a GPS receiver robbed (small little black thing, I guarantee they didn't know what it was) and on the 4th time, my iPod. I normally wouldn't have left it in the car, but I was only gone for 30 minutes! 4 times, it was broken into behind the Jail, and twice at home in Castletroy. To make matters worse, two of the six times, the bastards left the door open in the freezing weather, which meant the whole inside of the car was frozen over. Which is fun.

The best thing, though, was on the 6th and final time, the scumbag left his phone after him. They actually left a phone on my front seat after trying to force the steering lock off. They called a number of times asking me to give back the phone, which I found funny. All of the numbers in it were signed up to Premium Text messages, the phone was smashed and I felt a small bit better.

I've got a new car pretty much the day after as I was sick of it (a Toyota Corolla) and I've had no issues with it at all, regarding being broken into.

It's sickening because it's so invasive and half the time, they just threw stuff everything and didn't take anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

chrislad wrote:
    All of the numbers in it were signed up to Premium Text messages
    Beautiful. Mean..... but beautiful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

chrislad wrote:
    All of the numbers in it were signed up to Premium Text messages,

How do you do that "offline" - without using that actual simcard?? Have a few numbers on my list as well...

Advertisement