Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox360 Dirty disc errors

• 08-07-2007 11:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 467 ✭✭

I am hoping somebody on here can give me some advice. My son got a new xbox about 3 weeks ago,he has 2 games GOW and Battle for middle earth both secound hand the discs look ok a few small scratches but not too bad .

The Lord of the rings one comes up with an error about the disc is dirty after about an hour of playing almost every time it is used .The GOW one has given the same error 3 or 4 times in the 3 weeks he has had the console.

With the 28 days coming up i am wondering could it be the console that is faulty, is this a regular problem with the xbox .

None of his mates have an xbox to try the discs on I was just wondering what people on here's experience is.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

Its faulty, i had the same problem with my first 360. I'd bring it back to where you bought it and ask for a replacement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

I had that problem as well, it seems to go away if you switch on the console and wait until the dashboard loads before inserting a game...
    it's a terribly built console:(
    used to happed 2-3 times a day even with brand new games, but hasn't happened for the past couple of weeks since I started practicing the above

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

tman wrote:
    I had that problem as well, it seems to go away if you switch on the console and wait until the dashboard loads before inserting a game...
    it's a terribly built console:(
    used to happed 2-3 times a day even with brand new games, but hasn't happened for the past couple of weeks since I started practicing the above

This is how i got around disc read errors in DiRT. I just stopped booting it with a CD in it and havent had one since, but its still taking the piss. Theres defo something wrong with my CD drive. I was playing the darkenss on sunday, and during one of Jackies loading screen monologues, he suddenly stops talking, and it just shows jackie standing upright with his arms out in a kind of crucified pose, you know the pose game modellers use when working on a model. The same thing happened later on when i met that old guy jimmy the grape, hed be in the middle of a sentence, and then alluva sudden his characheter model would be in the 'arms out' pose, and my CD drive would be spinning down...****in ridiculous :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

0ubliette wrote:
    I was playing the darkenss on sunday, and during one of Jackies loading screen monologues, he suddenly stops talking, and it just shows jackie standing upright with his arms out in a kind of crucified pose, you know the pose game modellers use when working on a model. The same thing happened later on when i met that old guy jimmy the grape, hed be in the middle of a sentence, and then alluva sudden his characheter model would be in the 'arms out' pose, and my CD drive would be spinning down...****in ridiculous :rolleyes:
    I think that's a problem with the game. A friend has been experiencing the same problem and every other game has been fine apart from DiRT which is a known problematic game. This leads him to believe that it's the game and not his console.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 467 ✭✭andyeire

Just an update on this one . I brought the xbox back to gamestop in Mullingar.

They tested the console but could not replicate the fault, however he agreed to change it anyway.

I got the new one home and all was well for nearly an hour then on closing the tray it let out a very load rattle.and started going through a cycle of rebooting and crashing with this screen SP_A0212.jpg

The only way i could stop this was to unplug for a few mins .

Now every time i switch it on it gives a quick rattle and goes through a boot and just before the home screen apears i get the above screen for a couple of secounds .

It does work ok after this but i will be bringing it back on Monday .......

Have i been unlucky or is the xbox really this bad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,224 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Are you sure your cables are all in properly? It does sound faulty though, so best to bring it back. If you can, try it on another TV before doing so.

I had to bring Colin McRae DiRT back for a second time tonight because of disc read errors :mad: Funnily enough, XtraVision were out of stock, so I had to take The Darkness instead :rolleyes: I was really enjoying DiRT too :( (Is it just me, or do XV not sell sealed games?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 377 ✭✭CarefulNow

Are you sure your cables are all in properly? It does sound faulty though, so best to bring it back. If you can, try it on another TV before doing so.

I had to bring Colin McRae DiRT back for a second time tonight because of disc read errors :mad: Funnily enough, XtraVision were out of stock, so I had to take The Darkness instead :rolleyes: I was really enjoying DiRT too :( (Is it just me, or do XV not sell sealed games?)
    With the plastic wrapping? 360 games are sealed with the sticker on the case.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

CarefulNow wrote:
    With the plastic wrapping? 360 games are sealed with the sticker on the case.
    Some come with the disk box completely wrapped in plastic, some have just the MS sticker across the opening and some shops open them all up and keep the disks separately, occasionally then adding their own version of the MS sticker to the side of the box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,224 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I forgot about the COA all together. Both it and the shrink wrap are missing...

Advertisement