Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Screen to Ratoath Road!!!

Options
  • 08-07-2007 11:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭

If i burst another tyre on the fecking road, i will go insane! - €70 a go is not fun!

And its not even a case of speed... i hit one at 15kph just at the swan pub junction last week!

And i know i am not the only one as there were three other guys changing tyres there too!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Judge2112

I hit a major pothole near ashbourne back in March. Blew both passenger front and rear tyres.
    I was told you can claim damages by writing to the Civic Offices in Dunshaughlin requesting a form. I faxed a letter in...no response. I sent a mail registered....no repsonse. I went in person and was told I'd be called back....no response.

bastids! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭Archeron

Hmm, I wonder if Meath has the record for this. I myself have had three epsiodes, two of them on the Summerhill to Kilcock road, and one in the lovely town of Summerhill itself. The size of the craters on the main street there are unreal. (they have been filled in, meaning a blob of tar dropped over them, but less than a week later, and they are back to half their original size already.

Has anyone noticed how when you cross the borders from other counties around Meath, the roads instantly get much much worse? Or maybe I'm being paranoid, but I dont think so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭sofireland

Probably not as the county council is useless at keeping a budget.
    The fairyhouse junction on the N3 is a joke, has been for ages.
    Plus navan, its terrible here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Tazdedub

I have to say the roads around Ratoath are awful. The main road through the village is getting carved up by huge trucks going through it every day. I am surprised that no one has put a ban on the trucks going through the village. I think most of them are just going through the village to get to the N3.

Getting in and out of the Ratoath now is a nightmare with the roadworks going on on the new roundabout as you come into the village from the N2/Ashbourne side and its not helped by idiots who try to break the temporary traffic lights and then get stuck with the oncoming track.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭LarWright

Dragging up an old thread I know, BUT......
    Judge2112 wrote: »
    I hit a major pothole near ashbourne back in March. Blew both passenger front and rear tyres.
    I was told you can claim damages by writing to the Civic Offices in Dunshaughlin requesting a form. I faxed a letter in...no response. I sent a mail registered....no repsonse. I went in person and was told I'd be called back....no response.

bastids! :mad:

I had the same issue a good few years back in Lucan, called South Dublin CoCo and sent some receipts (€150 for tyre and €100 for wheel repair) and photos of the pothole and damaged wheel, and 2 weeks later, a cheque arrived....

In relation to Meath, you would presume it should be the same for every council in the country. I've moved to Ratoath 6 months ago and drive a car with (probably very unsuitable) 19" Alloys, but so far I've been ok. If I ever wreck a wheel and or tyre on a road, I'll camp in the Office until they pay up....

By the way, sending a registered letter to them... I'd demand the money for that back too....

Either that or, keeps receipts and pictures, and the next time the slimey local politician knocks on you door looking to "count on your vote", hand him copies of the stuff and tell them that when the cheque arrives, he/she will get your vote!!!

What do we pay road tax for??????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

LarWright wrote: »
    Dragging up an old thread I know, BUT......

I had the same issue a good few years back in Lucan, called South Dublin CoCo and sent some receipts (€150 for tyre and €100 for wheel repair) and photos of the pothole and damaged wheel, and 2 weeks later, a cheque arrived....

In relation to Meath, you would presume it should be the same for every council in the country. I've moved to Ratoath 6 months ago and drive a car with (probably very unsuitable) 19" Alloys, but so far I've been ok. If I ever wreck a wheel and or tyre on a road, I'll camp in the Office until they pay up....

By the way, sending a registered letter to them... I'd demand the money for that back too....

Either that or, keeps receipts and pictures, and the next time the slimey local politician knocks on you door looking to "count on your vote", hand him copies of the stuff and tell them that when the cheque arrives, he/she will get your vote!!!

What do we pay road tax for??????

Since i originally posted this 6 months ago, my car has suffered another two damaged wheels and my wifes car has had one damaged wheel. (and its not just on the ratoath road)

And this all in 6 months!

I did exactly what you did LarWright, but Meath coco wont pay up. Feckers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭Archeron

Access wrote: »
    Since i originally posted this 6 months ago, my car has suffered another two damaged wheels and my wifes car has had one damaged wheel. (and its not just on the ratoath road)

And this all in 6 months!

I did exactly what you did LarWright, but Meath coco wont pay up. Feckers.

I emailed Meath Coco last winter about the state of the roads cars were driving on parallel to the road works around Laracor on the Summerhill to Kilcock road. I told them that it was only a matter of time before somebody had a very serious accident as a direct result of poorly maintained roadworks and basic repairs that should be carried out. They never responded, but within 3 days, the tar blob dropping truck was out and filled in the canyons. They're back now, but I reckon if people all got together, they'd have to listen. (wishful thinking probably).
    I too got another puncture over this recently, and when the guy repairing it took the tyre off, the amount of dents and ruptures in my alloy was unreal.

Advertisement