Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Meteor MMS/GPRS on a W810i

• 09-07-2007 1:14am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I've been having trouble getting my MMS and GPRS to work on my W810i, i won it so the settings didnt come pre loaded and the settings that i download off the meteor site dont seem to work(the MMS setting dont arrive at all). Has anyone had any luck getting meteor MMS and GPRS set up on a w810i?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 612 ✭✭✭MisterKipling

djmarkus wrote:
    Hi,

I've been having trouble getting my MMS and GPRS to work on my W810i, i won it so the settings didnt come pre loaded and the settings that i download off the meteor site dont seem to work(the MMS setting dont arrive at all). Has anyone had any luck getting meteor MMS and GPRS set up on a w810i?

Cheers.
    Hi marcus, a mate of mine with the same model as you had the exact same problem with trying to get his mms settings as it seemed to take ages for meteor to send them from the website and then they didn't work...so i sent him this and it worked straight away....
    http://www.sonyericsson.com/spg.jsp?cc=gb&lc=en&ver=4000&template=ps3&zone=ps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭niallb

You can't receive MMS on meteor until you've sent one mms from your number.
    Try sending a photo to someone and you'll get a message in a few moments
    saying "congratulations, you're now enabled for MMS".
    After that, the MMS settings should come through for you.

NiallB

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭mcauley

IH8TXT:) wrote:
    Hi marcus, a mate of mine with the same model as you had the exact same problem with trying to get his mms settings as it seemed to take ages for meteor to send them from the website and then they didn't work...so i sent him this and it worked straight away....
    http://www.sonyericsson.com/spg.jsp?cc=gb&lc=en&ver=4000&template=ps3&zone=ps

I bought a w810i before they were available on Meteor. Had a huge amount of problems tryin to sort it for WAP/MMS even when they did publish the settings....

The above site was the one I used to configure my phone.Worked a treat!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Meteor Ireland

Menu->settings->connectivity->data comm->data accounts->new account->Gprs data

Name: Meteor wap

APN: wap.mymeteor.ie

Username:my

Password:wap

Press Save

Press "Meteor wap"

Go to authentication

Select only PAP

Menu->setting->connectivity->Internet settings->internet profiles->new profile

Name: Meteor wap

Connect using: meteor wap

Press save

Go to meteor wap option->more->settings

Use proxy:Yes

Proxy address: 010.085.085.085

Port number:8799

Username:my

Password:wap

Press save

Select meteor wap as the default profile

Menu->setting->connectivity->streaming settings

Use proxy:Yes

Proxy address: 010.085.085.085

Port number:8799

Menu->setting->connectivity->settings for java

Select meteor wap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

ha be easier to switch network

• Advertisement

foggy_lad wrote:
    ha be easier to switch network
    Will you go back under whatever rock you came out of?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

@ ciaranfo, what you posted is just how to enter the gprs settings, the op will still need the mms settings. I'll post how to enter them this afternoon.

@op, the reason it doesn't work is the settings the meteor site has for the w810 are wrong. I've been telling them about it for about a year now and they don't seem to want to fix it. If you enter the settings as described above and the ones i will post later they'll work.

Although you might not be able to receive mms at the moment because of a problem at meteor that they insist they've fixed but they haven't

@ ciaranfo, what you posted is just how to enter the gprs settings, the op will still need the mms settings. I'll post how to enter them this afternoon.

@op, the reason it doesn't work is the settings the meteor site has for the w810 are wrong. I've been telling them about it for about a year now and they don't seem to want to fix it. If you enter the settings as described above and the ones i will post later they'll work.

Although you might not be able to receive mms at the moment because of a problem at meteor that they insist they've fixed but they haven't
    You're right .. left out the mms.. sorry. Here they be:

Meteor MMS
    connection name:Meteor MMS
    data bearer: packet data
    APN:mms.mymeteor.ie
    username:my
    prompt password:no
    password:mms
    authentication:normal
    homepage:http://mms.mymeteor.ie
    network type:IPv4
    phone IP address:automatic
    name servers (DNS): automatic
    proxy address:010.085.085.085
    proxy port:8799

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

And here's how to enter them:
    menu->settings->connectivity->data comm->data accounts->new account->gprs data (or ps data)

name:meteor mms
    apn:mms.mymeteor.ie
    press save

highlight the new account and press enter

scroll down to authentication. Select only PAP

menu->settings->connectivity->internet settings->internet profiles->new profile

name:meteor mms
    connect using: meteor mms
    press save

highlight the new profile. Press more->settings
    use proxy:yes
    proxy address:010.085.085.085
    port number:8799

menu->messaging->settings->picture message->message server.
    address:http://mms.mymeteor.ie
    menu->messaging->settings->picture message->internet profile->meteor mms

and bob's your mother's brother

that's how they're entered on a k750. they might be slightly different on a w810

Advertisement