Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EIDW & Collins Bks

Options
  • 09-07-2007 1:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭

Hi all i spent a lovely relaxing weekend ( 7/7/7 ) up in The Capital on a mission to shoot EX Irish Air Corps DH Vampire 198 in The National Military Museum in Collins Barracks Dublin and i got her!

:D
    vamp.jpg

And i also spent a while at Dublin International, sorry for all the pictures but i hope you like.

DSCF2761.jpg

DSCF2764.jpg

DSCF2780.jpg

DSCF2770.jpg

DSCF2783.jpg

DSCF2792.jpg

DSCF2791.jpg

DSCF2790.jpg

DSCF2787.jpg

DSCF2795.jpg

DSCF2796.jpg

DSCF2798.jpg

DSCF2800.jpg

Well i hope you enjoyed those, Regards

David.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

Anybody into Trains?

Just a few snaps of the LUAS Tram System in Dublin and some from Heuston Station In Dublin prior to my Departure back to Galway City.

LUAS:

DSCF2863.jpg

LUAS at Hueston Station:

DSCF2867.jpg

Various Irish Rail Engines:

DSCF2869.jpg

DSCF2870.jpg

DSCF2874.jpg

DSCF2871.jpg

DSCF2873.jpg

DSCF2875.jpg

My Engine for the Homeward Journey:

DSCF2877.jpg

This chap delayed us for a few moments outside Galway Station as you have to change tracks so i leaned out of a window to get some snaps as he passed before we could move onto his track:

DSCF2880.jpg

DSCF2881.jpg

Hope someone likes them,

Regards,

David.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭FiSe

Thought, taking pictures in Museum is a very serious offence :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭cp251

Trainspotter :o:D

BTW that Vampire was never in Air Corps service. It was used as a trainer for the apprentices. Last time I saw in Baldonnel it was in full RAF markings. I know I'm an anorak!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

cp251 wrote:

BTW that Vampire was never in Air Corps service. It was used as a trainer for the apprentices. Last time I saw in Baldonnel it was in full RAF markings. I know I'm an anorak!

I know that, but she was given Military serials and never flew 198 was an Instructional Airframe, same as Fouga CM170 Super Magister 3-KE.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭FiSe

cp251 wrote:

It must have been ages ago...
    And it's not T.55 as the rest of IAC Vampires, but T.11. Not a difference really, just interesting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭pclancy

I hate trains as I get the "callcutta express" from coolmine into coolmine every morning to Pearse and home again. There isnt room to breath, overcrowding is horrible and people turn into animals on it when its really full. Irish rail seriously need to increase capacity on the commuter lines.

Advertisement