Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Location of exchanges

Options
  • 09-07-2007 2:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭

Folks, does anyone know where online i could find out the actual locations of eircoms exchanges or are they only available online through OS ?

its the patrickswell, co.limerick one i am interested in.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

It's near the Garda Station from memory.

Look for a small 1 story building with eircom on it and behind a fence.

I don't think there is DSL yet. 200m out the Limerick road they get DSL from Raheen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭oleras

watty wrote:
    It's near the Garda Station from memory.

Look for a small 1 story building with eircom on it and behind a fence.

I don't think there is DSL yet. 200m out the Limerick road they get DSL from Raheen.

Cheers watty, yes, not here "yet" , but when it comes it would be a kick in the stones if i was too far......:D , just over the 2 miles then, and afaik new copper was put underground about 3 years ago....... so come on eircom, only 6 months to go !!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Don't hold your breath.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Grommet

watty wrote:
    Don't hold your breath.

or at least take a good gulp of air first. ;-)

I understand from my sources that Patrickswell is due to be ready by November

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭oleras

Grommet wrote: »

Any news on this Grommet, there has been a lot of activity around the exchange for the last 2 weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭zugvogel

Grommet wrote: »

I'm in the same boat. Its been a year now since Eircom included my exchange on the list of 100 to be done in 2007. My local sources tell me that the DSL equipment has been ordered and is actually sitting in the exchange (Nurney Kildare) and is waiting to be set up/commissioned. Eircom broadband sales says its supposed to be done this month October while someone else from Eircom says November. My local source says that early December is more realistic!

Its soooooooooo fustrating!!!!!

Zug

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭zonEEE

zugvogel wrote: »
    Its soooooooooo fustrating!!!!!

Zug

Even worse for my exchange not to be included !!!!! :)

Advertisement