Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Owning or leasing a licensed premises

Options
  • 09-07-2007 5:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭

I have always had a dream to own and run my own pub and the option could now be financially possible for me. I have experience as a bar manager(although it has not been for very long) in a hotel bar, however i do not understand the business side of it well enough yet to jump right in and do it.
    If anyone could give their experiences in owning or leasing a pub i would be very interested in hearing from them. What profit would be required to cover a lease of, for instance 3000 euro? What kind of insurance and rates would have to be paid. etc? Information on the subject seems sparse on the Internet, aside from the fee charging site bartender.ie. I would not mind paying but cannot find any third party info recommending the site.

With the smoking ban and drink driving do you think that the price of a pub within a built up area is more of a property play than a business opportunity these days? God knows i would hate to get caught up in that before it really hits the fan.

Advertisement