Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband availability in Meath

Options
  • 09-07-2007 10:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭

Hey all,

I've 3 sites currently using satellite broadband, but the latency and overall performance is so poor that often it can be just as slow as dialup which of course is no good to us.

So I've checked eircom's Broadband Availability Tool and only 1 of the 3 sites may be able to get a DSL line (subject to an engineer test on order).

Is there an updated list of currently enabled (or upcoming) exchanges anywhere or is anyone aware of any (reliable) wireless alternatives perhaps?

The 3 locations in question are in Nobber, Longwood and Rathcairn.

Cheers..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭gingerGiant

hi Kaiser

Don't know about other two but in Nobber satellite is the only option. You could try for net1(if you can get thru to them or get them to answer an
    e-mail they are supposed to be good) depending on where you are you could be lucky but they have poor coverage round Nobber area.

Nobber exchange is supposedly to be upgraded this year and is on the eircom list of 100 to be done in 2007 but I am not holding my breath as nobody i've spoke to can tell me when it is going to happen.

sorry i don't have any good news for you

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

info@noeldempsey.ie

Noel was minister of comms until recently and has the ear of every wired and wireless operator . All you need to do is email him ( after you read my sig below)

Advertisement