Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

O2 Speakeasy roaming in Canada?

• 09-07-2007 10:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭

According to the O2 website there are no roaming abilities for Speakeasy customers in Canada. However my mate who has been in Canada (Ontario region) since Saturday texted me last night (sunday) from there. I replied back and got a "message delivered" reply. Is this wrong info on O2's website about Canada for Speakeasy customers? Or maybe you can roam there now and an update hasn't been posted yet?

I was thinking he might have been using webtext but since i texted him back i wouldn't have got a "message delivered" note if there was no Speakeasy coverage there in the first place.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭poetbloggs

I spent two weeks over there last month and had no problems using Rogers (Canada's biggest network) on my o2 speakeasy number. Cudn't make calls home - not supported apparently - but incoming calls and texts both ways worked no problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Mayo Exile

Originally posted by Poetbloggs: I spent two weeks over there last month and had no problems using Rogers (Canada's biggest network) on my o2 speakeasy number. Cudn't make calls home - not supported apparently - but incoming calls and texts both ways worked no problem.

Thanks for the reply. Thats bizarre though. O2 seem to be offering a "halfway" service then on this for Speakeasy customers. Is this normal? If you are on billpay you get full roaming rights with FIDO and Rogers AT&T. O2 would need to update their website about it then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

poetbloggs wrote:
    I spent two weeks over there last month and had no problems using Rogers (Canada's biggest network) on my o2 speakeasy number. Cudn't make calls home - not supported apparently - but incoming calls and texts both ways worked no problem.
    Same setup in the USA with Cingular. Send and receive texts nps, receive calls ok but calls from the number were blocked.

Advertisement