Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Where can I get a replacement lambda sensor?

Options
  • 09-07-2007 10:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

I need to replace a lambda sensor on my car. Does anybody know where one of these can be bought and if so how much do you reckon they cost?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Most motor factors. They're cheap enough iirc, something like 30-50 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭mickjohnlong

what car is it

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

what car is it

Its a Mazda MX5. the bloke in the garage is supposed to be getting one in today for me but he has yet to get back to me. I have a feelings he is looking in a scrapyard! :confused:

He said it would cost €60+

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭ocj

Hi py2006,

I had to replace the lambda sensor in the girlfriends Renault clio last week as it failed the NCT.
    Renault in Airside wanted Eur 240 + vat and the auto factors wanted 80 for a spurious one.
    The emissions weren't out by much so i got a second hand one from the scrap yard for eur 20 and it passed friday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

ocj wrote:
    Hi py2006,

I had to replace the lambda sensor in the girlfriends Renault clio last week as it failed the NCT.
    Renault in Airside wanted Eur 240 + vat and the auto factors wanted 80 for a spurious one.
    The emissions weren't out by much so i got a second hand one from the scrap yard for eur 20 and it passed friday morning.

Wow, 240 + vat sounds kind of steep! I had a quick look at a couple of sites this morning and they seemed to be cheaper than that.

The bloke from garage has yet to get back to me and I have the NCT in morning!!!

EDIT: Just called the garage and he didn't get it in. So looks like I have to fail the nct again and hopefully pass it next time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭ocj

240 + vat was steep i nearly laughed at him over the phone when he told me, and that wasn't even fitted. I checked out a few sites for it to but by the time you include postage it would have been cheaper to just get a spurious one in the auto factors.
    It might be worth calling a few scrap yards tomorrow for one before your nct.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Quite possibly not the sort of thing you want to get from a scrapyard. Depends on where it is (or which one it is) it can be near impossible to get an old one out (cat). And then when you do, it's possibly fecked anyway.

Advertisement