Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Rear View Camera + DVD player for €160

Options
  • 09-07-2007 10:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭

I was in the market for a rear view camera for my van and there were a few different options. Ebay would have been about €150 for camera and display and then of course there was the Irish market at about 2/3 times that price for the same thing.

By picking up a few cheap products locally, I managed to get the rear view camera as well as a DVD player and 7 inch screens for about €160.

This is what you need:
    1 - DVD Player with two 7 inch screens, €119 in Tesco
    2 - B-Secure security camera €9.99 in Dunnes (there were only a few left in Cornelscourt when I got mine)
    3 - Scart to 3 phono - €13 approx in Maplin
    4 - Phono to 3.5mm - €3 approx in Maplin (I use the 3rd one down, but the 2nd one probably works too?)
    5 - Car adaptor with 9v option - €14 in Maplin

You need the bottom 3 to connect the camera to the dvd screens and to power it from the car, so that's about €40 altogether the camera is costing to connect, you could probably pick up one ready for a car on ebay for a bit cheaper, but not much I'd say.

So now you can use one screen as a rear view mirror for your van/truck/motorhome and the other to keep any company you might have entertained with a dvd:)

As far as I know, it plays DVD and ASF files as well as viewing jpeg images. It can't play MP3's.

By the way, I still have to check that the 9v power adaptor works ok with the camera in the van, but it should:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭redman

Watch the rear view cameras, I got one and after the first wash it was ruined!! So get one that has good water resistance

• Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

The camera I got is for outdoor use anyway, it's got a strange cable that actually connects from a phone line type connection, to the scart. It's black and white by the way, but it's not like you need colour (although I'm not sure how flashing blue lights would look in black and white:eek:)

Advertisement