Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

DOE newbie - checklist

Options
  • 09-07-2007 10:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭

I have a DOE test this week for my pick-up. It's the first time I've had to do a DOE test for a commercial vehicle.

Is there anything I should be aware of?
    Is it similar to the NCT or stricter?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 madpanfan

From what I can gather it is easier than the nct.
    Although I just read that you need a warning triangle and a fire extinghuisher. Is this true?
    How did you get on?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

madpanfan wrote:
    Although I just read that you need a warning triangle and a fire extinghuisher. Is this true?
    How did you get on?

Nay, I think you only need a fire extinguisher for certain types of commercial (bus?)

It flew through - it's in pretty much mint condition...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Donald Fagen

You have a Department of Energy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Sorry for adding to this thread but my DOE is this week and just wondering will it fail with a single crack on the glass on the mirror on the passengers side. I have renault kangoo and did alot of work on it fixing it up and some clown cracked my mirror yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭farva

It should pass, the DOE isnt too strict! My jeep has passed 3 times with a broken headlight (the cover has come off it inside and the light isnt focused very well - its very obvious when you look at it) and once with a small crack in the windscreen. So you should be fine!

• Advertisement
Advertisement