Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dismantle a standard wodden shed?

Options
  • 09-07-2007 10:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭

Hi

I getting a garden shed from my neighbour
    Its a standard wooden shed
    8' 12' with door on long part.

I was wondering is there an easy way to take these down?
    I know its like a flat pack but whats the crack with the roof?

Thanks
    Dec

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,163 ✭✭✭10-10-20

The roof felt is laid across the wooden roof structure upon being assembled.
    So, you need to either split the felt along the ridge line and re-affix new felt afterwards, or move the whole roof as one piece.
    A gorilla bar or a spade is great tool for splitting panels on sheds. Just note the location of the nails as it comes apart and reassemble as normal.
    One tip is to check that the long section where the door is, has support at the base of the door as otherwise you could twist the frame damage the structure.
    It may be be worth nailing the door closed with some long sections of wood to provide good support during the move.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭deckie27

Thanks man. sounds good
    I should probably brace the roof for moving (such a long distance 2 doors up)

Advertisement