Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apprenticeship

Options
  • 09-07-2007 11:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

Hi Guys,

Apologies if this thread has need posted before was looking for the info and couldn’t find it.

I love piercing and would like to get into it as a profession, but have no idea where to start. Would it be a case of doing some sort of course and getting an apprenticeship?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

Go on the dole and then hang out in a studio being they're bitch and they might take you on eventually. Its a tried and tested manner to go about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 iosfra

I'll get right on that.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

what hes saying in a round about way is true.
    there are courses (expensive, not certified, waste of money, i was asked to pay €2,000 for 3weeks!) but they wont help. best thing to do is basically ask around, try get to know the piercers then ask if theyl take you on.
    you more than likely wont get paid and as emmet said you will be theire b!tch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

yeah its really hard to get into

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 iosfra

Thanks for the response, didn't realise it would be that hard to get into. Guess it's more of a who you know thing :confused:

• Advertisement
Advertisement