Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Want to write game reviews?

Options
  • 09-07-2007 11:26am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭

G'day guys and gals,

I am looking for people to actively write reviews for games on all major platforms (PS3, Wii, Xbox 360, PC, PS2, DS, PSP) for an up and coming website. I cannot give away too many details on the site yet, but needless to say it is an exciting project and will be good fun to work with.
    The advantages to reviewing games are that you get to keep the game you are reviewing and quite often you get games before they are released :D. For anyone who is an up and coming writer / journalist it is a fantastic way of getting hands-on experience in the field and is also great for portfolio's and CV's. Everyone who will be writing the reviews will have their name attached to the reviews and will have the backing of the website when it comes to intellectual property.

For those interested, please contact me via Private Message and I will be able to give a few more details and answer any questions you may have.
    All those interested will have to do a bit of homework for me though :p I would need to see 2 sample reviews of 1200 - 1500 words on recent enough games. For these sample reviews, it is best to pick games that you can write about and criticise rather then games you just like. I will need these reviews to suss out your level of writing and to see your style.

Please contact me if interested and tell me what systems you currently own. I will try and get back to everyone as soon as possible.

Have fun!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

anyone else up for this?
    ive had a few positive responses so far :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Yeah Jazzy, chalk me down for the Xbox 360 ones if there's space :)

Hold on......I've to write stuff before I start.....gtfo!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

Jazzy wrote:
    anyone else up for this?
    ive had a few positive responses so far :)

PMed you

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

im still looking for more reviewers here :)
    PM me if your interested

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Kenny 5 wrote:
    Hold on......I've to write stuff before I start.....gtfo!!!!
    Aye, far too much effort involved for my liking...
    Think I'll just stick to barely having enough time to play the games I already own, rather than wasting more time writing about them...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Yeah sign me up for PC game reviews. I was thinking about starting up my own blog for this purpose to review hardware and games, but sure might as well jump on your band wagon :D PM any details and let me know what you need from me.

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭father_ted9t9

hey dude, i sent ya a pm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 marknigma

Hey I work for good old XV and have done alot of writing willing to review XB360, Wii and DS let me know if you need any help?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭gamblitis

hey dunno if your still looking for reviewers but i pmed ya.sound pretty interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭Oman

ya i must admit it sounds good hope you're still looking for reviewers. i'll pm ya

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

I'd be up for it too.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'd do this, or at least i would in about three weeks. Too busy writing my final project for college at the moment. Could do PC and 360 reviews.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 izman

Jazzy wrote: »
    G'day guys and gals,

I am looking for people to actively write reviews for games on all major platforms (PS3, Wii, Xbox 360, PC, PS2, DS, PSP) for an up and coming website. I cannot give away too many details on the site yet, but needless to say it is an exciting project and will be good fun to work with.
    The advantages to reviewing games are that you get to keep the game you are reviewing and quite often you get games before they are released :D. For anyone who is an up and coming writer / journalist it is a fantastic way of getting hands-on experience in the field and is also great for portfolio's and CV's. Everyone who will be writing the reviews will have their name attached to the reviews and will have the backing of the website when it comes to intellectual property.

For those interested, please contact me via Private Message and I will be able to give a few more details and answer any questions you may have.
    All those interested will have to do a bit of homework for me though :p I would need to see 2 sample reviews of 1200 - 1500 words on recent enough games. For these sample reviews, it is best to pick games that you can write about and criticise rather then games you just like. I will need these reviews to suss out your level of writing and to see your style.

Please contact me if interested and tell me what systems you currently own. I will try and get back to everyone as soon as possible.

Have fun!
    awryt jazz i am interested in writing game reviews. will u plz contact me at izzymanutd@hotmail.co.uk for more. thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 izman

Jazzy wrote: »
    G'day guys and gals,

Have fun!
    I own a ps3 and I have been writing reviews for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

pm sent with short cv

get back to me with any further questions

want to take myself into developing irish sites and communities

Advertisement