Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charley Uses the 'N' word - but IS NOT evicted from the house

Options
  • 09-07-2007 11:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭

After Emily's eviction, you'd think Charley would know better than to use the N-word in the house.

But it's been revealed that last week, Charley was telling yet another story about seeing a Chelsea footballer in a club, and said she greeted them with the phrase "Easy, n****r". She repeated the term later that night.

Charley was called to the diary room and got a right telling off, but she wasn't thrown out, as a Channel 4 spokesperson said: "Charley used the N-word as a black woman to refer to another black person. We judged her use of the term different from Emily's. But Big Brother called her to the Diary Room to remind her that this word could cause offence."

None of the incident was aired on the show.

Eh, can anyone say 'FIX'?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Aparently Emily is making an official complaint about it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 653 ✭✭✭little miss

BuffyBot wrote:
    Aparently Emily is making an official complaint about it!

I don't blame her. Total double standards!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

Damn straight! I'd be complaining too! It's a ****ing outrage! The same rules should apply to everyone on the show, otherwise it's racism in itself.

LadyJ wrote:
    Damn straight! I'd be complaining too! It's a ****ing outrage! The same rules should apply to everyone on the show, otherwise it's racism in itself.

Yeah, I agree. Get Charley out!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Is it not ok to say the N word if you yourself are black??? :confused: .. Rappers do it all the time..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

god, too much pc **** theese days. Its a friggen word for christs sake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 iosfra

This befuddles me, it is clearly double standards but apparently it's ok if you take ownership of a word that was once used to discriminate/insult what group you "belong" too. I refer you to south park.....you can only say fag if you are one, otherwise you get beeped.....hmmm I didn't get beeped

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Naggers!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Asok wrote:
    Naggers!

Quit yo frontin.. eh... G!

Double standards ftw!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

This show is definitely fixed to keep Charley in for longer. I hope Emily sues and wins. Apparently she's had a few death threats since leaving the house and she claims that she was treated very badly by BB Producers aftr leaving. They completely washed their hands of her and her BBLB interview was scripted by BB producers. She didn't get to tell her side of the story. Get Charley Out - Bring Emily Back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

The only reason I can see Charley surviving so long is that she is such a cow that the housemates see her as a wasted vote.

Seriously, you would have to be a baby eater to loose to Charley.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

I guess as far as Charlie is conconcerned it just a case of "monkey-see monkey-do."

Because they didn't show it, we can't even lodge a complaint to Ofcom. Grrr. Anyone else get the feeling Charley will be in there for a while yet?

Because they didn't show it, we can't even lodge a complaint to Ofcom. Grrr. Anyone else get the feeling Charley will be in there for a while yet?

I really really really hope not. Seriously though, how can Channel 4 get away with this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭The Al Lad

i think, now i could be wrong but i think that channel 4 put emily in on purpose as someone to make an example of and to show that they would take no sh*t, u have to ask why they never replaced her after she was removed,

I think when emily said it she insulted charley but when charley said it she was talking about something in the past tense that happened and just said a phrase.

ANYWAY I HATE CHARLEY ......GET HER OUT

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

totally double standards.

in fairness....

word up honkys!

The Al Lad wrote:
    i think, now i could be wrong but i think that channel 4 put emily in on purpose as someone to make an example of and to show that they would take no sh*t, u have to ask why they never replaced her after she was removed,

Emily was never a BB pawn. Nobody would put themselves in that position.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Pauline?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

If it was on a stream sent by C4 then it then you can still complain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭The Al Lad

wats pauline doin ????

she is risking being hated, but emily could have been in it to get her mug on tv......

u never know !!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

The Al Lad wrote:
    i think, now i could be wrong
    You are.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,673 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

:eek:
    Pigman II wrote:
    I guess as far as Charlie is conconcerned it just a case of "monkey-see monkey-do."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭Peter Collins

"What? You mean you can say it to each other but I can't say...? Ahhhh look..forget it...." - Ron Atkinson

"Terry Venables told me I've apologised enough....over apologised even" - Ron Atkinson

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Pigman II wrote:

Heh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭pyzon

I thought Charlie said she was half/half ? so which half said the 'N' word?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Mrs_Doyle

I'm guessing it was the ****** Half.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭idlesupernova

Has any Irish contestant ever been called 'Paddy' or 'Mick' ?? Im only a casual watcher but am hooked on this series! If 'Paddy' is ever used surely the person who says it should get the boot? Id complaing if I was in the house, get the person booted, probably be immune for nomination for a week as compensation!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Yes, there was a thread about it recently if you wish to trawl back through them. The word Leprechaun was used, so some people emailed ofcom with a complaint of double standards. I myself expressed my shock and horror. I had to take a day off work because I was so shaken :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,575 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

you also can't say f@g unless you're queer otherwise you'll get bleeped :D.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

I wanted to see Emily win.
    Now she's just another ****** girl.
    Charley is still great viewing.
    Did someone say deluded?

Advertisement