Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems logging into host!!

Options
  • 09-07-2007 12:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭

Hi

I can't login into my hosts control panel and can't figure out why. I've contacted the host in question and they helped me troubleshoot possible causes but none worked and there don't seem to be any problems on their side.

I go to login page enter correct username and password (I can ftp to the host no problem so details are correct) on clicking submit I get returned to same login page though fields have been reset. No warnings or error messages. I tried a bad password and I do get an error. I've logged in before on the same machine so don't know what changed.

I've tried IE7, IE6 and firefox with same results. Tried turning off firewall/antivirus. Cookies, javascript are allowed. The only thing I can think of is that a session is started and immediately lost!!

Anyone any ideas of what I could try.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Try a different computer to make sure , but it sounds like its their side if 3 browsers failed...

Edit:

Could you have something like McAfee privacy blocking cookies ?

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭tammy

I tried that when trouble shooting with the host and I could login from a laptop on the same network, however since that I was able to login in from the PC in question also.

Advertisement