Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Camera shops in waterford

• 09-07-2007 12:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 700 ✭✭✭

Anybody?

looking at nikon D40

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭bp_me

They probably have one in Sam McAuleys if you want to hold one and play with the dials, etc... I wouldn't consider buying from any shop in Waterford personally...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

I agree with BP...Sam McAuley's might have a D40, or Hennebry might have one...but tbh, you're better off buying online, or if you must buy in Ireland, head to Dublin.

Also, not to throw a spanner in the works or anything...but is there any particular reason you have ruled out the D80?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,720 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

Al's the Waterford guru --

p.s. i'd get the d40 x or the nikon d 50 , for what its worth !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 700 ✭✭✭kayaksurfbum

dont want to start the whole whats the best on line thing again, but i like buying for a person and not an email address. Call me stupid.

Had the D40 in mind but im open to others, under 600 bucks.

going to spend 15 days kayaking in the grand canyon in september and want a good camera to take with me. will be needing a bomb proof hard case too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,720 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

dont want to start the whole whats the best on line thing again, but i like buying for a person and not an email address. Call me stupid.

Had the D40 in mind but im open to others, under 600 bucks.

going to spend 15 days kayaking in the grand canyon in september and want a good camera to take with me. will be needing a bomb proof hard case too.

From what i know the States is one of the cheapest places to buy a camera , why not buy it there , that way you could get the d 40 x, for roughly the same price , and its a much better camera , or so i'm told.

Digital is great and all, but if you're going kayaking, I'd say you might be better off with an older film camera. You'd get one second hand in Dublin no problem, or Hennessy will sell you one for about €150. Digital really can't handle the water if you're planning on bringing it out with you, plus the D50 is madeof plastic, the older ones will have a metal body, meaning they're much more solid. As far as I know, film is still pretty cheap to get developed in the states. Only a matter of scanning it then if you want it online.

Or alternatively get a small digital compact and a water proof enclosure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 700 ✭✭✭kayaksurfbum

Iv got a digital mju with a waterproof case, gona use that on the water. want a good quality camera for the off the water pics.

Maybe waiting to get one there is best!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

I'd rather burn my money than spend it in town.
    Where would you be heading to in the States? Directly to the Canyon or to one of the cities first?
    In order of preference I would (1) buy a camera in the States, (2) burn my money, and (3) buy a camera in town.

• Advertisement

Roen wrote:
    I'd rather burn my money than spend it in town.
    Where would you be heading to in the States? Directly to the Canyon or to one of the cities first?
    In order of preference I would (1) buy a camera in the States, (2) burn my money, and (3) buy a camera in town.

(1a) kea photo or similar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭JMcL

I wouldn't go back to Hennebry's. Last time I was in, he couldn't get me out of the shop quick enough so he could get back to his tea out back. Others have reported similar. McAuleys might have one, but might not have a clue.

If you really want to spend more money, take a day trip to Dublin and talk to Gunns, or Camera Exchange

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,447 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

JMcL wrote:
    I wouldn't go back to Hennebry's. Last time I was in, he couldn't get me out of the shop quick enough so he could get back to his tea out back. Others have reported similar. McAuleys might have one, but might not have a clue.

If you really want to spend more money, take a day trip to Dublin and talk to Gunns, or Camera Exchange

god are Hennebry's still like that? I went in there a few times when i was a kid asking about cameras and I remember they did not want to talk to me at all...I felt like I was wasting their precious time or something. How on earth are they still in business if they treat people like that???

Heh. As bad as ever. He likes me though - Has charged my batteries a few times for free and usually gives me a euro or two off anything the rare time I buy in there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭Fionn

buy in the states course the warranty is a bit usless when your back in ireland, still who buys in ireland??? :rolleyes:
    and as for that place on the quays - Hennebrys. Last time i was there I thought i'd walked in dog poo or something, i could see he was itchin for me to leave. lol i wonder how much longer he'll survive there before he's gone through the long ago profits!!
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 desperate1

I lost my camera and am trying to hide this from the person who bought it for me i am in bad need of this camera yet cnt seem to find it on sale anywhere :eek: ,,,can anybody tell me a CHEAP camera shop in waterford city where i can get the finepix fujifilm z35 in purple ,,I desperately need your help ????:confused: also could anyone give me a price?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭punchdrunk

z35 is quite old,online is your best bet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭zerohamster

desperate1 wrote: »
    I lost my camera and am trying to hide this from the person who bought it for me i am in bad need of this camera yet cnt seem to find it on sale anywhere :eek: ,,,can anybody tell me a CHEAP camera shop in waterford city where i can get the finepix fujifilm z35 in purple ,,I desperately need your help ????:confused: also could anyone give me a price?

I just searched on Ebay for you there and found this which seems to be the lowest priced on out there second hand and the seller seems legit by his feedback. Good luck with the replacement!

Advertisement