Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accomadation Deposits

• 09-07-2007 12:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭

Has anyone gotten their deposits back from Residences yet.

How do they come back, a check in the post or are they transfered to your account.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

http://www.ucd.ie/residences/refunds.html#content3
    4. Refund of Deposit (General)

UCD deducts an insurance premium from the deposit for an insurance policy in respect of personal belongings kept in the residences by students during their period of occupancy. For example in 2006 this was a charge of €35.

All refunds are issued in the form of an Irish cheque made payable to the student and posted to the address as specified by the student

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

Danke schön!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭WellCultured

So when are they usually out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

This month.

If you haven't received anything by the beginning of August, give the accommodation office a ring and see what the story is, some do get lost in the post, they'll chase the cheque down and re-issue it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

I emailed the Manager of Residential Services and he told me this:
    The deposit refund process can take some time to turn around. I understand
    however that they have been issued. The best advice would be to get the
    students to contact the residence they were living in, as each location
    administers their own batch.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Cos88

I was staying in Roebuck Hall and mine came in the post today. Deposit was €350, they took €35 for insurance + sent a cheque for €315.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭pigeonbutler

Any Glenomena Dwellers get them yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

none here yet

You're unlikely to have, as they're still waiting for the cheques to come from the Accounts Office in Admin. Then they'll be posting them out, which will understandably take a few days, considering the volume of students in Glen. It is the largest accommodation on campus after all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 625 ✭✭✭princess-sprkle

kinda OT but when do ya find out if applications for accomodation were successful?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

kinda OT but when do ya find out if applications for accomodation were successful?
    If you're in 3rd or 4th Final year and you haven't heard yet, it's probably not good news... a friend phoned up and was told that all the 3rd/4th year spaces had been assigned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 625 ✭✭✭princess-sprkle

If you're in 3rd or 4th Final year and you haven't heard yet, it's probably not good news... a friend phoned up and was told that all the 3rd/4th year spaces had been assigned.

third year, so not good then! better get checking out daft.
    ta for the info anyway.

Third and Fourth final places might all have been assigned, but that doesn't mean that all the notifications have been sent out. People are still being processed, and there are a number of different things going on at the moment in the residences - preparations for next year and getting the deposits from this year out.

If you haven't heard anything by friday (and might I stress FRIDAY) then call the accommodation office. I gather as you're in 3rd final you're applying to Glenomena/Proby. I know that definitely there are notifications being sent out tomorrow from Glenomena and Proby, and possibly on Wednesday too.

The important thing for anyone who has received an offer for next year to do (regardless of where they're allocated) is to print off the Resident Details form and two copies of the License to Reside form, fill them in fully - be sure to have a guarantor sign the License to Reside forms and get them witnessed - and enclose a passport photo with their acceptance. The other important thing is speed. The sooner a potential resident can get their documents in for a residence the better, otherwise after a certain time the room will be re-allocated.

Advertisement