Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bantam hens in Wicklow

Options
  • 09-07-2007 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭

Does anyone know where I could get some Bantam hens in Wicklow or nearby?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

:eek: No!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

As pets or for egg laying or both?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭myjugsarehuge

As pets or for egg laying or both?

Well, the hens will lay anyway, doesn't matter what reason they are kept for :) although point of lay or laying would be better than youngsters this late in the season if you specifically want a decent supply of eggs.

I have some 7 week old chicks I hatced under a broody hen, and if there any pullets (fingers crossed not 5 cockerels please) I doubt we'll get many eggs this year, more likely the spring now.

The Buy and Sell is usually a good source for hens, around Cork/Kerry anyway, I've bought quite a few hens and ducks through it in recent months. You can view the Buy and Sell online to save buying it just to read a few adverts if you want.

Advertisement