Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toy Exhibit at the Ark

Options
  • 09-07-2007 12:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭

I went along this yesterday as it's been fairly heavily pushed and I went to the old toy museum in Prague a few years back and enjoyed it a lot and was hoping for a similar experience here.

But this turned out to be very poor. How they can justify charging €5 in is beyond me... no discount for children either.

What the exhibit consisted of was about a dozen display cases haphazardly stacked with toys from different decades... the exhibits weren't labeled and just seemed to be placed randomly.

Here's a Clanger and a black child lumped together for some unknown reason:
    760786840_3f64e17f50.jpg

More Random stuff...
    760788938_51a693b71b.jpg

Great to see Zig, Zag and Zuppy again... but jaysus... could they not have gotten a bigger display case for them?
    760791766_eaf8efe992.jpg

But overall you'll have seen the whole thing in about 5 minutes or so... Down in the basement there was sort of messy play area where kids could play with jigsaws, space hoppers and draw on paper... but it was very noisy and it was a horrible narrow room.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

That sounds terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Basically you could put on a better exhibition by just clearing out your attic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

I'll have the zuppy and the boot, please!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

i still have that maershmallow man toy!! and i had all the turtles ones, and i think me sis had that boot. it was sylvanian families or something! i defo recognise it. then she also had the my little pony toys! i'd seriously be better off walkin upstairs than goin to that!! :P

Advertisement