Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

3 X-Series -the neXt step

• 09-07-2007 1:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭

3 have just launched a new site for X-series and downloading dedicated software for your mobile. First glance, it looks great. More info at: http://xseries.three.com/blog/

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭randomer

Now if they would just launch X-Series in Ireland I would be happy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

randomer wrote:
    Now if they would just launch X-Series in Ireland I would be happy!

It has to be soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

I was told it will be December.

I should clarify that I was told this in 2006.

I spoke to three today and they told me it would definitely be before the end of August. I got a bit annoyed on the phone and they said it should be sooner.

In May they promised me it would be available on the 25 June. If there was a viable alternative I would be gone to a different service provider by now.

I have no idea what the holdup is regarding X-series in Ireland: we're now the only country with a 3 network that does not have it.

In the UK, it has now been available for almost a year.

• Advertisement

I have no idea what the holdup is regarding X-series in Ireland: we're now the only country with a 3 network that does not have it.

Urban!! Are years only 6/7 months long in Ireland now? :-)

I think it has been more like 8 or 9 months, so I thought I might as well say "almost a year". By the time it is out here it will probably be almost a year anyway, but yes, that may have been a slight exaggeration on my part... :D

A guy I work with has had a UK three x-series phone roaming in Ireland for the past four months with no problem.

I think it has been more like 8 or 9 months, so I thought I might as well say "almost a year". By the time it is out here it will probably be almost a year anyway, but yes, that may have been a slight exaggeration on my part... :D

In any case, what difference does it make when the UK got it? Italy only got it very recently and Austria before them. We are the last ones now waiting on X-series but on the other hand we did get the BB add-ons some time ago. I cannot believe that O2 are not now responding to that in some way and yet offering an N95, rendered pretty much useless without meaningful data plans.

The BB add-ons on 3 *are* pretty cool (on post-pay anyway) -and therefore we are much better off than the UK with their data plans at 70 fecking euro for a gig, no datamodem, no BB add-ons and X-Series that you MAY WELL BE PENALISED for using as a BT modem.

randomer wrote:
    A guy I work with has had a UK three x-series phone roaming in Ireland for the past four months with no problem.

Huh! I have been roaming on X-Series in Ireland for 7 months! A guy! A Guy! :-)

It works great...Skype is especially fabulous.

• Advertisement

The fact that X-Series works great over here while roaming makes the decision to keep postponing its Irish launch even more puzzling to me.

The fact that X-Series works great over here while roaming makes the decision to keep postponing its Irish launch even more puzzling to me.

Totally agree: it surely is just a question a wrapping an allocation of data up in a specific bundle -what's to delay?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭quintron

culabula wrote:
    Totally agree: it surely is just a question a wrapping an allocation of data up in a specific bundle -what's to delay?

I presume the delay is to do with the "data bundle/pricing experiments" they have been performing on poor Irish customers these past few months.

Introducing X-Series would no doubt confuse us even more with regard to 3's data tariffs... especially since they released the usb modem..
    We'll may have to stick with our current W-Series BB add-on's for a couple more months yet. ;)

Advertisement