Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

automatic car.. query

Options
  • 09-07-2007 1:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭

i have a loan of new automatic car. sometimes when i shift the car into reverse i hear a kinda click like when you put a manual in reverse.. is this normal? doesent happen all the time.. also sometimes i hear a click when car is put in D from N

should automatic gearboxes make any noise when changing gears? checked fluid leves all ok..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Victor Meldrew

Some are audible but there should not really be a clunk, depends on the car.

Make sure it's stationary before you switch between D & R, and DONT put it in P until the handbrake is on.

it's really easy to kill a slushbox if you are rough.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

what's the car? it may be a sequential box.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭EIN

colm_mcm wrote:
    what's the car? it may be a sequential box.

hi its an accord executive 2.0

looked in the brochure it states

5 speed automatic (sequential Shift)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭tc20

I recently bought an auto Accord, tho its a 00 rather than the new model you have EIN. Ive driven plenty of autos, tho this is the first ive actually owned. It has the tiptronic shift too.
    Switching between gears has been silent, a barely noticeable little 'kick' when you move from P or N to D. The only time it made any unpleasant sound was when i shifted into R before i had come to a dead stop. Then it crunched or grinded as with a sloppy manual gearchange. Lesson learned, :o . Be at a dead stop before you shift between selections

my 2c

Advertisement