Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ubuntu acting the mick

• 09-07-2007 1:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 443 ✭✭

Hi all,

Start Havin problems running Ubuntu Live CD on my windows machine. When i boot from the CD i get the usual splash screen with the list of choices of what to do (Start or Install Ubuntu .... ETC ETC) I click on Start or Install Ubuntu to try it out and my screen goes black, CD still loading machine still alive, but screen is black,

Any Idea's???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭liamo

Any or all of the following .....

Try a different Ubuntu CD in the same machine.
    Try a different live CD in the same machine.
    Try the original Ubuntu CD in another machine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭joe_chicken

I was getting this with an ATI Radeon 9800...

Could be that?

What version of Ubuntu is it? The newest version (7.04) has ATI drivers on it and they seem to work a treat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 443 ✭✭maceocc2

Ah such a rookie mistake, thanks lads, the graphics card im using is a ATI Radeon x1600 PRO, there doesn't seem to be support for it on Ubuntu, i'll try running it in graphics safe mode. Thanks again lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

I was getting this with an ATI Radeon 9800...

Could be that?

What version of Ubuntu is it? The newest version (7.04) has ATI drivers on it and they seem to work a treat.
    Where did you download that version of Ubuntu?! I though it only comes with the open source drivers and it's up to you to install the restricted drivers yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 443 ✭✭maceocc2

Problem solved, i was using the s-video to my TV as a monitor and it seems that with some ATI graphics cards this config doesn't work with Ubuntu, so i just pluged an old CRT monitor in and it worked fine

• Advertisement
Advertisement