Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does it mean if you have "holds"

• 09-07-2007 2:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 462 ✭✭

A friend didn't get results and instead has holds. What does that mean?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Font22

means they owe money i think. same happened to me, i owed 100euro for a deferred exam. only when i had paid it was i able to get results!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Monday came and it suprised me but not pleasantly that i needed to fork over 2535 for my results.

Penny for the Graham foundation anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 462 ✭✭lizzyvera

Yup that was it. That's sneaky of UCD isn't it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭themole

lizzyvera wrote:
    Yup that was it. That's sneaky of UCD isn't it?
    Ah, not really.

Most universities won't let you sit the exams in the first place if money is outstanding.

its sneaky in that i tried to pay it twice before the exams and once during the exams and was told i couldnt and not to worry about it, if they really wanted it they would send me a giro! stupid ucd. i have to get a declaration from them saying i have completed a degree in order to sit the fe1's in September..........i wonder how long it will take them to do that!? rant over

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

Same thing happened to me I owed money and didnt get my results till i paid it and then was given the results
    thank god i passed them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭themole

Font22 wrote:
    its sneaky in that i tried to pay it twice before the exams and once during the exams and was told i couldnt and not to worry about it,
    As in you will still be able to do your exams.

Think about it, if you got your results without having paid your fees and found out you failed, Some people don't bother repeating,
    whats to stop them not paying at all?

It makes sense to have to pay fees before getting results.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

I think what she means is it's sneaky that they wouldn't let her pay when she tried to. The not giving results until you've paid thing isn't that sneaky at all, and I doubt that a sensible person like herself would debate the intelligence behind it.

themole wrote:
    As in you will still be able to do your exams.

Think about it, if you got your results without having paid your fees and found out you failed, Some people don't bother repeating,
    whats to stop them not paying at all?

It makes sense to have to pay fees before getting results.

i completely agree! my point is that i tried to pay it on numerous occassions! sure doesnt matter now i suppose, all sorted!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭padser

What was the 100e for? I have about 30 outstanding in library fines which I waws pretty much hoping not to pay.

However i don't particularly want some slimilar nasty surprise come graduation day.....:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

padser wrote:
    What was the 100e for? I have about 30 outstanding in library fines which I waws pretty much hoping not to pay.

However i don't particularly want some slimilar nasty surprise come graduation day.....:rolleyes:

I owed 100 for a repeat subject

it was for a deferred subject. defo pay it padser. i was asked specifically if i owed any money for late books etc.

Font22 wrote:
    it was for a deferred subject. defo pay it padser. i was asked specifically if i owed any money for late books etc.

I already paid it as the results were on hold.So now i got my results :)

Advertisement