Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ring of Death???

• 09-07-2007 2:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

I’ve heard of and experienced this, but what is it??? It happened to me twice whilst playing forza 2, console stops and 3 red lights flash on the console. (one time the controller kept vibrating and wouldn’t stop)
    I just plugged it out and back in and away I went again. Is this problem worse than I think? I’m afraid I got the Xbox as a gift from a friend I don’t have the receipt.
    It was bought in XtraVision, anything I can do there from a warranty point of view?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Ring XBOX Support.

Their warranty was recently extended to three years. Just tell them you got it as a gift if they ask for date of purchse. You shouldn't have any real problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭unregd147

Thanks MM, that sorts out the warrenty problem, but what about the "ring of Death"? As I said the 360 is running fine now and its only happened twice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,913 ✭✭✭Absolam

The rings of death are when you turn the machine on and you have 3 red lights.. and nowt else :D It's a total, catastrophin, non-recoverable machine failure, which Microsoft will now fix for free. So you're fine...... for now!!!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,700 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Anyone else think a "my Xbox died" stickie is becoming more appropriate by the day?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Might as well post here instead of creating a new thread (or waiting for the sticky), but my 360 has started crashing. It just freezes while playing with kind of jagged lines coming down the screen and a high pitched static type noise that scares the shìte out of me even when I'm expecting it (I startle easy).

Anyone know if there's a way of dealing with this or should I just call xbox support?

• Advertisement
Advertisement