Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car is f**ked!

Options
  • 09-07-2007 2:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

If it's under warranty just call the dealer and let them pick it up and fix it. They should give you a replacement while it's in.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

"running gear"?

if you have a warranty why not bring it back?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭digitally-yours

You are not alone !

as mentioned previously in some thread.
    http://www.crushmy307.co.uk/

I would say contact dealer. Or wait for other experience members here in motor trade to advise you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

quarryman wrote:
    "running gear"?

if you have a warranty why not bring it back?

Because it's not driving. As I said, they're obligated to pick it up.

Don't stress OP, it might be something simple.

Let us know how you get on. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,984 ✭✭✭✭Stark

It would be worth giving the dealership a ring. Even if such and such isn't covered in warranty, a good dealer may decide to fix it for you anyway, especially as you only just bought the car off them. My radiator sprung a leak soon after I bought the car from the dealer, and they replaced it no questions asked, even though technically I only had engine warranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,860 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Definitely ring the garage you bought it from. If you have a warranty, there shouldn't be any issue in them collecting it and fixing it for free.

Even without a warranty I'd be very pissed if my car had died like that only a month later and would be onto them straight away anyway.

NiSmO wrote:
    They will either fix it or pay for it to be done, depends if they have a mechanic

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭oleras

Stark wrote:
    even though technically I only had engine warranty.

A what ? A warranty is a warranty, for all the mechanical bits.....and if its under the bonnet, its part of the engine.......:D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,860 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

oleras wrote:
    A what ? A warranty is a warranty, for all the mechanical bits.....and if its under the bonnet, its part of the engine.......:D
    Not so. My cars came with a 3 month engine and gearbox warranty only.

That said, there was no issue getting a few other minor things sorted as well a few months down the line.

• Advertisement

oleras wrote:

Nope, you can have different types. I know of an 'engine and gear box' (wont include you window winder motor for instance, should it break) or a 'bumper to bumper' (full warranty)

Edit/Kaiser beat me to it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

NiSmO wrote:

Most new car warranties cover collection of the car, but not delivery back to the customer.

Similarly: My mother had a new Mazda that gave trouble. I brought it into the Garage. They arranged a rental car for me, but it was at the Airport (this was in Dublin City). I had to fight with them to pay for a taxi for me to get to the airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,684 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Had to organise to get my car to the dealer when I snapped the gearbox mounting. Had a bumper to bumper warranty but the dealer didn't have a tow truck. Luckily the company I worked for had one so sent the driver out with my key.

If you have AA / RAC coverage it may include recovery of the vehicle, if not and you have to organise it yourself try PJ McKenna on 01 429 8773 - pretty reasonable but still brace yourself for €100 - €150 even within Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭golden

NiSmO wrote:

Is it normal for a car to die after one month of purchase. I would be expecting a courtesy car of similar standard to the car that you purchased. Also for them to pay for the tow truck.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Has the car been modded?

NiSmO wrote:

If your covered by the warranty then they have to fix it and cover any charges; including towing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Light chatter is okay to live with but not forever. The oil proberly is'nt doing its job lifting the er hydraulic lifters, usually down to blocked oilways but could be worn tappets or failing oil pump (does car have oil pressure gauge?)

Mike.

• Advertisement
Advertisement