Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ideas please

Options
  • 09-07-2007 3:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for something chambered in 6.5X55se in a target/Varmint style, H-bar, free floated and all that....
    I had a Sako75 Varmint in mind but cannot get it in the required cal:(

Anyone got any ideas for a make/model that might suit???

Cheers
    Hezz

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭mosulli4

Hez,

I bought a Sako 75 Varmint in 6.5x55 about 2 years ago. It is a fantastic rifle, very very accurate, consistently shooting less than half inch groups at 100 yards. Give Ardee Sports (distributors) a ring, as they may have some old stock - I know they no longer list this model on the Sako website...

Good luck

mosulli4

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hezz700

Thanks M,

I spoke to the lads in Ardee, they don't have any old stock and the 85 has not gone into production in the Varmint version yet:(

Hezz

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Tikka T3 Varmint?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭.243

6.5x55 sauer in either timber or plastic ???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Jonty

You couldn't go wrong with a varmint 75, i got one in 308 and i should have it at the end of the month :D . A mate has one in 6.5 and its the business. The only fault I have is the weight, but thats only a small thing. A steyr SSG PIV would be good, I'd steer clear of the PI's PII's and PIII's. A shop in Athlone has them, I can't remember the name. A Remmy 700 VS would be another choice, but at the end of the day its hard to beat a Sako

• Advertisement

Jonty wrote:
    You couldn't go wrong with a varmint 75, i got one in 308 and i should have it at the end of the month :D . A mate has one in 6.5 and its the business. The only fault I have is the weight, but thats only a small thing. A steyr SSG PIV would be good, I'd steer clear of the PI's PII's and PIII's. A shop in Athlone has them, I can't remember the name. A Remmy 700 VS would be another choice, but at the end of the day its hard to beat a Sako

I have a 700vs so i am looking for something a little different. where did you get the .308?

Hezz

.243 wrote:
    6.5x55 sauer in either timber or plastic ???[/QUOTE

Thanks .243,

You just put a idea in my head, I'll give John Butler a buzz.

Hezz

CJhaughey wrote:
    Tikka T3 Varmint?

I've only ever seen photos, never handled one. Do Tikka's shoot well out of the box or do they require work??

Hezz

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭mosulli4

Hezz,

Friend of mine has a Tikka T3 Varmint stainless in 223. A lovely rifle, rock solid, and accurate with ammunition it likes. Dont forget that Tikka is owned by Sako now, made in the same factory, and uses the same barrels, so accuracy is excellent.

mosulli4

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Jonty

Hezz700 wrote:
    I have a 700vs so i am looking for something a little different. where did you get the .308?

Hezz

Stakelum's in Urlingford. I would have loved to get an 85 varmint in 308.

• Advertisement

Jonty wrote:
    Stakelum's in Urlingford. I would have loved to get an 85 varmint in 308.

I was looking at that one in Stakelums a few weeks back, nearly went for it too, but i really would pefer 6.5.

Good luck with it. stunning piece of kit;)
    Hezz

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Veg, as soon a i make my first million i'll give Steve Bowers a call. I've seen his work before. spectacular stuff:cool: but beyond the reach of my pocket i'm afraid:(

I currently in the lead up to building my House cum fortress so this will be my last buy for awhile and i have to be sensible about it;)

Hezz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭triskell

.243 wrote:
    6.5x55 sauer in either timber or plastic ???
    sauer 202 jagd match heavy barrel with set trigger, and a ajustable stock
    calibers can be changed very easily barrel comes off in a couple of minutes with no loss in zero, not cheap €2k ish
    as to that lad in athlone who has the ssg's, the usual story is " I sold the last one of 12 yesterday but i have this if you'd like to see it"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭newby.204

http://www.mauserwaffen.de/M-03-Extreme.249.0.html?&L=1

It comes in 6.5x55 might be a bit expensive!!

Advertisement