Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Expert Opinion on a coffee machine!?

Options
  • 09-07-2007 3:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭

Gaggia Titanium Plus, a new model, tons of features etc etc etc. Bought online from UK distributor, after calling to verify delivery times, product delivered from Italy. Arrived on Wednesday morning.

Read instructions, connected it all up Wednesday evening, and it's not working properly. Sent email explaining on Thursday morning. Heard nothing back so rang, no answer. Rang again and again no answer.

Friday, sent an email early to the same help address, nothing. Rang again, no answer. Friday afternoon sent another email to the help address and copied it to the info address. I got an autoreply saying store closed till 8th.

Over the weekend, made a small video of the issue and hosted it on youtube to show the dealer the issue.

Monday morning, sent email with links to video and I've heard nothing back. Rang the number a number of times but it's now directed to a voicemail saying ring later or text. (directed to mobile I expect)

Without response I don't know if I should just repack it and return it, or what.

Rang the Credit Card company to raise the issue, they want an 'expert opinion' to see that it's faulty before they will engage in the process. How can I get an expert opinion on a home coffee machine?

Any suggestions? (please don't tell me to have a coffee!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭robbie1876

Maybe bring it to a Gaggia distributor in Ireland? Try contacting these guys, I have found them extremely helpful in the past.

http://www.watermark.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭hshortt

Thanks Robbie, I have called them this morning and explained. They took my details but haven't called back yet.

However, I also sent an email straight to Gaggia and they have come back! Happy days, they believe the SBS Button on the front that regulates the flow is not working correctly. I've to run two tests tonight which I'll also video and advise them directly.

Here's the original video if you'd like to see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2CeeVNMxys

So all is not yet lost.
    Cheerio
    Howard

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Try posting this in the Coffee & Tea Forum (under Rec -> Food & Drink)

Advertisement