Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I get into showing my dog

Options
  • 09-07-2007 4:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi all,
    Would anyone have any advise on where to begin learning about showing a pedigree dog. I know nothing about dog shows and am finding it hard to get information.
    Based in Limerick Clare area.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

why not look at the ikc website and check out the breeders that correspond with your brred and give them a buzz and see if they be of any advice or just contact the irish kennel club directly

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭corkimp

Normally the secretaries of your breeds group will have information regarding showing them as well as showing classes. I was going to show mine but she'll be spayed next week so she won't be accepted. Best of luck and let us know what happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

is that because ur dog will be recovering or have stitchs? surly it aint the policy to not accept spayed dogs

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

racso1975 wrote:
    is that because ur dog will be recovering or have stitchs? surly it aint the policy to not accept spayed dogs

You can only show intact dogs ...after all the purpose of showing is a "beauty contest" in order to determine which dogs are closest to the breed standard and should be used for (in:D )breeding and which ones aren't and shouldn't.

A dog incapable of breeding is of no use to the breed clubs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 nonameyet

Most agricultural shows have Dog Shows. These are the best shows to go to if you are starting out and you'll meet loads of people (there are always the same faces at all the shows). This website will give you all the details of the shows coming up this year http://www.irishshowsassociation.ie

• Advertisement
Advertisement