Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric shower instructions

Options
  • 09-07-2007 4:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Hello,

When you buy a new electric shower, does it come with detailed instructions on how to do the wiring inside the unit?

cheers,

Philip

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 TheGrabbingHand

3 wires.......live, neutral, earth

couldn't be easier

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

yeah it has detailed instructions, but the electrical connection is the easy bit, it labels the three connections, and warns about using an earth etc, it's hooking it up to the water and making sure the correct sized cable and RCBO protection device are in place that can get tricky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

Make sure you are not colour blind. Seriously ,some people don't know until they've wired something wrong :(

he he, that's true,

But you can just match the colours up, as the showers have blue brown and green on them too.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭eoghan.geraghty

With a straight swop the plumbing is trickier.
    Don't throw away the old elbow fitting until you're finished and happy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭texas star

Hi was just wondering would I get an electrician or plumber to put it in a electric shower?Thanks in advance:)

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭eoghan.geraghty

A few electricians will plumb and wire it.
    I don't know any plumbers that will terminate into the board, but just because I don't know doesn't mean they're not there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 schmills

Thanks chaps for all the replies.

I had a look inside the box last night and the the the wiring made me dizzy. Thats why i was wondering, if a new shower gave detailed instruction about it.

So are most of the components already wired up in it?

Cheers,

Philip

schmills,

It's very simple, everything is wired up already, there should just be a block of three connectors that you connect your cable to.

however if you want to take a pic of what you have and post it here and we'll have a look at it as it should not be making you dizzy, so may be you have something different going on.

It the same principle as wiring a Plug top TBH

So just how tricky is the plumbing in the case of my straight shower swap?

is it not just a case of connecting the incoming water pipe to the inlet pipe in the shower?

Cheers,

Philip

• Advertisement

It should not be too difficult, the best thing to do it turn off the electrical supply to the shower and take the front cover off, just look at the water and electrical connections, and visually compare them to the new shower, they should match up, if they look like they will then you are in business, if they are different type shower connections you will see it a mile away.

You're at the stage now schmills wehre you need to "suck it and see" :)

once again, cheers Stoner.

i think i will give a go! but i before i suck anything i'll make sure the power is off :)

Hopefully the next time i post, i will still have my hair and be well showered!

Cheers,

Philip

Advertisement