Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dresses

• 09-07-2007 4:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭

right...here's the deal..i want to buy a dress for an upcoming wedding..but..all i can find in shops and online shops is the same thing..those flowy dresses [url:http://www.monsoon.co.uk/icat/eveningdresses]this[/url] like , which , dont get me wrong, i like them, and i have a few of them, but i was thinking of getting something different this time, what i really want is like a fitted dress like this, down to my knees..i cant seem to see any anywhere..
    any ideas..?
    i dont think i have the time or patience for ebay right now tbh...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Karen Millen is always good for dresses like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

dudara wrote:

true story, i got a lovely goldy coloured one in there for a wedding recently!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

http://www.edressme.com/reddresses9.html My sister got this dress in emerald green for a wedding...for €45 in TK Maxx! We nearly died when we came across it on that site.. It comes in other colours too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

I got a plain black halter-neck dress for a wedding, jazzed it up with gorgeous red shoes/shrug/bag a few weeks ago. H&M/Sasha ftw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

I'd try Coast or Karen Millen. They're usually good for fitted. cocktail-type dresses. Plus, the sales are on at the moment! I got a really nice black dress I'd been admiring in Karen Millen for some time for half price. Sales ftw! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭dirtydress

A third vote for Karen Millan, I walked past it in Dundrum today and saw a few like that inside...and plus sales are always happy!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

thanks for all the replies, i'll head to Karen millen ASAP...cheers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

Yes,

Karen Millen are great for those type of dresses. Have a dress exactly like how you described last year for a really good price in the sale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭squishywishy

Karen Millen have a brill sale at the minute....

If not Oasis have loads of dresses on sale too....one in Clerys looked particularly good last week....i saw a lovely dress....if only i needed it for somethin!!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

dudara wrote:
    Yep I got a gorgeous one for a wedding I was at on Saturday.. and they have a sale on at the min ;):D

• Advertisement
Advertisement