Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Stupid Sunday drivers on M50 yesterday

Options
  • 09-07-2007 4:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭

I was on the M50 heading north yesterday. I wanted to take the N4 exit for Liffey Valley. The two lanes now divide into two seperate road seperated by barriers. This happens half way between the Red Cow and N4 exit. The outside lane/road will take you to the toll bridge only, you cannot exit for the N4. The inside lane will take you to both the toll bridge and the N4. There are lots of signs telling you this at least 500m before the lanes divide. From the Red Cow there was a huge tailback. When I got to the part where the road divides I realised people in the left lane were queueing to get into the outside lane. They obviously wanted to take the toll bridge but didn't notice any of the previous signs that said both lanes lead to the toll bridge. The inside lane was totally empty from this point onwards giving a clear run to the N4 and toll bridge while the sheep queued in the outside lane. Muppets!

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Picture it during rush hour every evening. Then sympathise with me as I must do it every evening after work.
    It has added about half an hour onto what was a 1 hour commute home. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭HelterSkelter

kbannon wrote:
    Picture it during rush hour every evening. Then sympathise with me as I must do it every evening after work.
    It has added about half an hour onto what was a 1 hour commute home. :(

Ugh hate that. But you would think rush hour commuters would cop on to the new layout as they are using it every day. Or are they a stupid bunch as well?!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 65,353 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

I had no problem picking the right lane, but the signs are not optimal. Overhead signs stating "N4/M50" and "M50 only" might have been better

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

If I had to endure dublin traffic as part of my daily commute, well... anyone remember the film Falling Down?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,512 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

No, the day needs to be very sunny, and you need to have Robert Duvall chasing you all over Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

haha, made me laugh :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Stephen wrote:
    If I had to endure dublin traffic as part of my daily commute, well... anyone remember the film Falling Down?
    No, was that with Will Ferrell?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

FX Meister wrote:
    No, was that with Will Ferrell?
    Nope, Michael Douglas.
    Falling Down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Drax

Not sure if there are many shops in Dublin selling rocket launchers though. I think there used to be an army surplus store in Georges St. (could still be there)... might pick up a old mine or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

I was on the M50 heading north yesterday.

I was on way to airport last nite approaching the same junction, only with me there was a older man in a little white yaris sitting parked in the right-hand-lane with his reverse lights on:eek: He obviously wanted to take the N4 juction and missed it but he was at least 100m past the divison. Thats a long way to reverse, regarless of how dangerous and stupid it was. As well as that, the part of the road where I managed to squeeze past him was really narrow at the point i passed him so god only knows what was going through his head:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

LIGHTNING wrote:
    I had a similar experience a few years ago on the N4, it was quite a surprise. People like that should have the license taken from them instantly,given a large fine and community service. Might sound harsh but if you hit them at 100km/h on a motorway your in big trouble.

Except that its a 60kmph limts cos the roadworks - but point taken;)

Advertisement