Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hotmail

• 09-07-2007 5:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭

Sorry, not sure where to put this...

I've been unable to login to my hotmail e-mail for the past few days. (Yes I have gmail and only check hotmail for the occassional mail I want blah blah blah). The main hotmail.com page will load, most of the time, but when I type my password and submit I either get a time out message or a blank white page loads. I can however access the account using Outlook but I'm curious as to why there's a problem with the main site. I have tried using different browsers, clearing cache, using OpenDNS etc and all yield the same result.
    Any ideas?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

have you tried another browser , firefox instead of IE . Seems like a nasty spy trojan issue to me .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

Sponge Bob wrote:
    have you tried another browser , firefox instead of IE . Seems like a nasty spy trojan issue to me .

Yep, I get the same results using firefox and IE.
    Hotmail.com is also the only site this happens with

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭crawler

Sorry, not sure where to put this...

I've been unable to login to my hotmail e-mail for the past few days. (Yes I have gmail and only check hotmail for the occassional mail I want blah blah blah). The main hotmail.com page will load, most of the time, but when I type my password and submit I either get a time out message or a blank white page loads. I can however access the account using Outlook but I'm curious as to why there's a problem with the main site. I have tried using different browsers, clearing cache, using OpenDNS etc and all yield the same result.
    Any ideas?

Try changing your max MTU size to say 1480 using Dr TCP and then try it. If this works then gradually increase size.

Dr TCP can be found here

http://www.dslreports.com/drtcp

Nope, did no good.
    I think it's specific to my account. I cannot sign in using a different computer but my sister signed in fine. Her account updated automatically to Windows Live Hotmail account she told me, but I had to update it manually on the site which I did about a week ago. I was able to log in right after but then the problems came a day or so later.
    Perhaps that's the problem?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Moving to computers and tech..;.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 999 ✭✭✭PeteK*

Maybe the domain was just down for a bit.. If you still cannot get in then it's not.

Also if you enter the wrong password too many times it will freeze your account for 24 hours.

Hotmail Staff will reply to you personally if you email them. You can tell them what address to reply to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

I'm also having the same problem. Haven't been able to log into my hotmail since Sunday. Still not able to this morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,441 ✭✭✭jhegarty

get that all the time , just refresh the blank page... (ctrl +r)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Different PCs on Eircom and BT, same problem. Tried FF, Safari and IE. Just hangs on login.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭squibs

I can't access hotmail today. It was okay yesterday.

• Advertisement

Eh yeah, clicking refresh did occur to me. Doesn't help.
    Still have the same problem 5 days on...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

BT and eircom are having dns/transit issues with Inex.

I'm with UTV.
    Also my sister can sign into her hotmail account using her laptop also accessing the UTV broadband account

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

I couldn't log in either. Tried using a few browsers too. I changed my DNS servers to the OpenDNS ones. All working fine now and pages seem to be loading faster too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

sounds like a server / routing issue...

or possibly a java/.net client issue

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

sounds like a server / routing issue...

or possibly a java/.net client issue
    Possibly. I got an error message, clearly ASP.NET-based, when trying to log in yesterday at one stage.

Advertisement