Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats your opinion on irish hip hop?

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Dr Bolouswki

bit of a side track - French hip can be totally unreal - I think this track kicks it SO hard

• Registered Users Posts: 9 ptepete

some irish rappers are pritty good i wouldnt judge all of them with the same catagory.

the only problem i have is other rappers sayin to others that they sound american or dont sound irish. ok for the ones who sound gangster, ya wont get much respect because face it were not gangsters.

but everyone to thir own i say. i like most irish rappers , redzer, collie, masaia j , some pritty class tracks and dont get much recognition.

have a listen to my new song if ya get a chance and let me know what ye think cheers

http://www.reverbnation.com/play_now/song_7580727

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

to be honest never really listened to any irish rap ive a friend based in galway alexi deuce is his artist name he is part of d grind not sure if you guys know of them?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoF2Qgts2Ik

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

Never heard of those guys. There's been a few Nigerian lads in Shannon and Limerick doing similar kinds of stuff in the last few years. Musics not the best but production values on the video are top notch. The women actually look properly hot instead of the usual awkward dancing you see in a few IHH vids I've seen that try a similar style.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Links, Molloy, now.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

to be honest never really listened to any irish rap ive a friend based in galway alexi deuce is his artist name he is part of d grind not sure if you guys know of them?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoF2Qgts2Ik

I recognise a few of them.
    Pretty average over all, video is good though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

Never heard of those guys. There's been a few Nigerian lads in Shannon and Limerick doing similar kinds of stuff in the last few years. Musics not the best but production values on the video are top notch. The women actually look properly hot instead of the usual awkward dancing you see in a few IHH vids I've seen that try a similar style.

ya im not a fan of the song to be honest ya i was suprised by quality of video myself! ya they are popular among the nigerian communities even though alexi deuce is from east london and is grime oreientated they actually were the support act for tinchy stryder in galway about a year ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 worldclass

This changed my opinion and I'd even go as far as saying it's nice to see Irish Hip Hop making a creative contribution to the genre :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwM4YZ7zTcs

Seaneh wrote: »
    Links, Molloy, now.

To my eternal disappointment they've taken the videos down. They were classics. One was called My Beourghs(sp?), the production was by Buachaill Dana from Cork. It was filmed in Trinity Rooms in Limerick I think. Very awkward dancing.

I forget what the other one was called. Party Tonight or something. He was like standing around in his bathrobe with bishes. They were dancing outside of their gaff on the street in Limerick with cars parked behind with the headlamps on. Best part was one of the asian looking lads from True Blood Souljas sitting on a couch with bishes and XXL Clare Hurling kit. Hat and everything. Nearly died when I saw it.

When it comes to cringey Irish Hip Hop in 2011 it's all about Lucci Minx and the Minx Mafia. Can't get on youtube in college but someone find it and embed it here. Needs to be seen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Whats your opinion on irish hip hop?
    LOL

ITS ****E

• Advertisement

LOL! Guy thinks blanket statements about music he hasn't listened to is clever. Correct answer: most of it is ****e. Like music in general then.

Anyway, this is the video I was looking to post. Comedy gold.

Advertisement