Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL alternatives

Options
  • 09-07-2007 6:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭

Read a book!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭Ru

okay okay....... that's being smart, sorry:o

Anyway

I added this thread mainly to point out that NTL (in my opinion!?!) are probably the worst company out there, they only exist because there pretty much the only company who apply for tenders. If Other companies like sky applied for tender they would simply vanish.

Anyway, i'm inching away from topic again!!!!

There are and will be alternatives.......

When i rang NTL to cancel, i was transferred to an extremely nice and polite woman (must be a contractor) who, basically haggled and bribed with me.
    She told me about their new box and recording service supposidly launched in two months. The signal wikll have to be improved for this box to work.

To those who are unhappy with NTL, i would personally recommend ringing them, tell them you want to cancel and see what you can get out of it!
    I was offerd two months free NTL and free installation to the new box (€50)

Hypothetically, if they say "OK" and cancel your account (would be terrible:eek: ), you have 30 days to change your mind.

Alternatively

IF your lucky and get on well with your neighbor who has a dish (on the back of the house;) ), ask to share theirs! You don't have to get Sky to install your dish, you don't have to get a dish from sky. If your neighbor leaves with the dish, then you ring sky or a third party and get them to install another one for you....... simple....

or

I tested an internal DVB tuner to see if it would work, unfortunately it didn't but i've been infromed that it may soon.
    DVB is Digital Video Broadcast and simply put, it's digital rabbits ears.

If anyone else is using an alternative to Sky or NTL, please add to this post and share the wealth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Ru, I said in this post:
    If anyone wants to know about sharing dishes etc, there's tonnes of info in the Cable & Digital TV fora under the Tech category

I meant it. Thread locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement