Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renting with Pets

Options
  • 09-07-2007 7:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi...I'm new to boards.ie

I've just moved to Dublin and I'm staying with my brother while I find my own place.

Just wondering if anyone has tried renting while being a pet owner (and open about it). I have a dog and a cat...(well behaved dog and a cat that's, well...a cat so can't vouch for him!)

Is it impossible?! If anyone has any experiences...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,467 ✭✭✭✭Alun

It's not impossible, but very difficult. We found a house that belonged to someone who had a dog and a cat themselves, and were moving abroad and renting out their place, but even then it took some persuasion to get them to accept our very well house trained elderly cat. Whichever way, it's always advisable to be upfront about it.

Advertisement