Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gumo 550 Sat NAV- maps any good for Ire?

• 09-07-2007 8:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,608 ✭✭✭

Im thinking of a GPS and I hear these are the best for bikers.

BUT - Are the maps any good?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭The Doktor

worded wrote:
    Im thinking of a GPS and I hear these are the best for bikers.

BUT - Are the maps any good?

YES!
    there are a few bits of road missing but I use the 550 and its excellent. Also use it in the car, and have been finding it really useful.
    Have a look for yourself
    http://www8.garmin.com/cartography/

In the drop down box pick City Navigator Europe V9

and see what you think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,608 ✭✭✭worded

Would you say its the best model / make for a motor bike?

They are very pricey @ circa 700 euros - any sign of a price drop?

Is there a newer version due for release any day soon?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭The Doktor

Is it the best? Hmmmm well that depends i suppose... but i would say its ideal for a bike an in my opinion the best. Im sure there are a few lads who might point you in the direction of some cheaper ones.
    As far as Im concerned, it does everything I want it to do, its good for a bike with nice big glove friendly buttons. Comes with a bike mount and car mount. Plays MP3, connect yer phone to it, is water proof (and i can verify that!)etc etc.
    Doubt theres a newer version, but there is the Zumo 550, then the 500 (ireland and uk maps only and a few features not available) and there is a 450 for the usa only.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

I have one myself and I have to say it is the dogs. I did quite a bit of research before deciding on it and it appeared to be the best option. When I talk with other bikers with other units it really does seem to be the better option.

MrP

Advertisement