Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eagle Star anyone ?

Options
  • 09-07-2007 9:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭

Hi

I've tried to call Eagle Star a few times and also left a message for them to call back re one of their funds.

Has anyone dealt witht hem recentyl ?

thanks
    G

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭rondjon

I used to have two funds with Eagle Star - their active fixed income, and international dynamic.

Their customer service was pretty inefficient, but the clincher was analysing their performance on the international dynamic. In the last 6 months investing the money myself I've outperformed that fund for the whole of last year.

Overall, I found them pretty dissatisfactory to deal with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭A Random Walk

What are the charges on these funds?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

rondjon wrote:
    I used to have two funds with Eagle Star - their active fixed income, and international dynamic.

Their customer service was pretty inefficient, but the clincher was analysing their performance on the international dynamic. In the last 6 months investing the money myself I've outperformed that fund for the whole of last year.

Overall, I found them pretty dissatisfactory to deal with.

Thats some achievement rondjon, congratulations on outperforming Eaglestar, who are regularly one of the top performing funds. Care to share any insights ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭rondjon

Thats some achievement rondjon, congratulations on outperforming Eaglestar, who are regularly one of the top performing funds. Care to share any insights ?

It's not hard beat 2% over the course of a year - but sarcasm noted, thanks. CRH and Petroneft have done plenty more than that in the first 6months of this year.

Advertisement