Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Primera problem

Options
  • 09-07-2007 9:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭

Hi lads, I have a 00 nissan primera 1.8 ex and lately it has developed a miss or judder in the engine on acceleration and deceleration. Now its only slight and not a violent judder but just enough to annoy. I cant feel anything when maintaining a constant speed but the rev counter needle is dropping as if in time to a heartbeat. I thought it might be the spark plugs so changed them but no difference. Any ideas ? Thanks in advance....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭big dar

Also this only happens after 10 or 15 minutes of driving

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Conor20

Hey,

as in the Almera Timing Chain posts, I had the exact same problem. It started shuddering when accelerating and the rev needle was dropping a bit every second or so. It started getting worse and worse until I got the Timing Chain replaced and the problem disappeared. It cost 750euro at a Nissan dealer in Rialto. (Although there's another problem with it cutting out but I think that's unrelated).

Conor.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭big dar

Thanks conor. Certainly sounds the same problem. Hard to see the advantage of a chain over a belt when a nissan chain is not worth a sh**e

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BumbleB

I have the very same problem the chains give a lot of trouble especially in the newer ones.

Advertisement