Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

True Ubs Tag/ Graffiti

Options
  • 09-07-2007 9:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭

Hi I am in Galway about 4/5 times a week and I see a spray painted messsage on walls etc, in loads of places is looks like "true ubs" any ideas on what this means :confused: just curious. p.s Galway is an excellent City.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

duno but have you seen the gaffrity out in WESTSIDE ?

well belive it or not but it says WESTSIDE in class style.

now that was random lol

also if ya wana see some good graffity go down to druggy hill(beside blackbox)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭altered121

Hi, thanks for reply, just one of those things that makes you wonder
    what its about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 WhYtEy

its a tag and a crew name il be happy to explain what those mean if ya want ?

WhYtEy wrote:
    its a tag and a crew name il be happy to explain what those mean if ya want ?Hi, yes that would be great, thanks 4 reply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 xadacka

Ok, here it is:

True, Like Me, is a tagger, UBS is the crew hes with, a crew is a group of taggers with a few mambers.

ITS SPELT GRAFFITI

The westside graff is s**t kuz its comissioned, comissioned graff is for pussies kuz its agienst the whole concept of going agienst the system!

True is a legent, withoud doubt the best tagger in galway...

And its not about anything!
    Its just one of those things...
    The Thumping chest...
    Sweety palms...
    The fear and adrenilne...

SANE/Xadacka™:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

xadacka wrote:
    Ok, here it is:

True, Like Me, is a tagger, UBS is the crew hes with, a crew is a group of taggers with a few mambers.

ITS SPELT GRAFFITI

The westside graff is s**t kuz its comissioned, comissioned graff is for pussies kuz its agienst the whole concept of going agienst the system!

And its not about anything!
    Its just one of those things...
    The Thumping chest...
    Sweety palms...
    The fear and adrenilne...

SANE/Xadacka™:)

I seriously doubt you're a very good tagger with all those spelling mistakes...

L2p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

xadacka wrote:

Oh it all sounds so gangster and rebellious......you go fight the system

Hi all, thanks for the replies :) I have now taken the spelling lesson graffiti graffiti graffiti...
    Thanks again for answering my question.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭big b

awhir wrote:
    go down to druggy hill(beside blackbox)

What hill beside the Black Box?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds

Tagger?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Someone who tags, i.e sprays/marker pens, his awesome signature on public buildings and underpasses.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭You Suck!

MEHHHH!!!!
    M£HHHH!!!
    AND M3HHHH!!! AGAIN!!!

Honestly, tagging in galway is ****e!!!
    First up, the tag's themselves have **** all style or design to them, nothing that makes them stand apart from toilet graff. Second, go to europe and see the lenths taggers go to, to leave thier mark in the most ****ed up of place's. You'll see tags in europe that'll make you go how the **** did they do it. On the tallest of buildings, you'll see taggers really go out of their way. In galway, it's all at eye level, pish easy......ohhhh and and and if the guards catch you.......oh yeah, like they'd even bother giving you your day in front of mary fahy, more like a kick up the hole and thats really a puttin your life on the line to give it to the MAN!

I only wish the quality would pick up in gway, cos im pissed off that the day where i call graffiti and tagging an eyesore is one i'd never hoped to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

xadacka wrote:

You go girl! God, it is so kool to be a "tagger"!:rolleyes:

...what idiots.

Ok, all of ye obviously know NOTHING about graffiti or tagging...

Challangemaster: Screw u, so what i cant spell, IM DESELEXIC U DUMB SH1T.
    Padi89: Loser!
    Altered121: if ur serious, no problem
    Bib b: Kinda behind smyths
    Gailgegrinds: Just read above
    You Suck: Yea, a lot of it is sh1t, but some, like ture and sane, is really good...then theres toys like Flush and Fans...tut tut tut...
    Axer: If u cant apreciate are then its your loss

Xadacka™/SANE

xadacka.bebo.com

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

xadacka wrote:
    Challangemaster: Screw u, so what i cant spell, IM DESELEXIC U DUMB SH1T.
    If you are dyslexic then why the fúck are you telling other people how to spell you dumb sh1t!
    xadacka wrote:
    Axer: If u cant apreciate are then its your loss
    It is called crimminal damage. It costs the tax sh1payer and private citizens money to remove that type of crap from walls. If ye wanna do it then do it on your own property - DUMB SH1T!

xadacka wrote:
    Ok, all of ye obviously know NOTHING about graffiti or tagging...Padi89: Loser!

Hmmm very imaginative coming from someone thats so street cred.Why dont you show us some of your pieces then?

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭MattKid

to the above, check his bebo page, he has indeed put some quality graffitti on his own bedroom walls:D

MattKid wrote:
    to the above, check his bebo page, he has indeed put some quality graffitti on his own bedroom walls:D

Meh, he's only a child "Limp Bizkit best band ever" LOL, better off sticking with the crayolas for another while xadacka ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

xadacka.bebo.com

huffer.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭nobodythere

The strange thing is Xadacka that you've quite a talent on the old Bebo whiteboard.....

How come that doesn't come out on the street. I'm so sick at looking at people's tag names, I can appreciate a tag in a very hard to reach place but taggers in Galway are just into getting their name everywhere, ego trip.

• Advertisement

Again, Screw Ye All!

grasshopa wrote:
    The strange thing is Xadacka that you've quite a talent on the old Bebo whiteboard.....

How come that doesn't come out on the street. I'm so sick at looking at people's tag names, I can appreciate a tag in a very hard to reach place but taggers in Galway are just into getting their name everywhere, ego trip.

See, at least your resiaoniable about the whole thing....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds

With regard to knowing nothing...maybe that's why I asked...And my name in Gaeilgegrinds, not what you wrote!

With regard to knowing nothing...maybe that's why I asked...And my name in Gaeilgegrinds, not what you wrote!

Sorii, my bad, and i ment that in a nice way...

Hi all, I was just asking a question about a tag i had seen and wondered if it had some other meaning apart from tagger name and crew name ( see I did learn this much :) ) I did not mean to stir up anything else.
    I have three other questions .. as I said I saw ubs in lots of areas I went into,
    apart from TRUE who is the other most prolific tagger? and lastly are all tags from "crews" and what makes a crew?

altered121 wrote:
    I have three other questions .. as I said I saw ubs in lots of areas I went into,
    apart from TRUE who is the other most prolific tagger? and lastly are all tags from "crews" and what makes a crew?

Well DARE is getting big atm, FANS is big, but hes just a toy. WORD was huge, and hes been off the scene for ages, and 2weeks ago (approx.) he came bk doin throw ups around the city

No, loads of taggers just go solo, or with another guy, im with a crew, DARE is with GFC, FANS is solo i think...

A crew is made out of 2 or more taggres, each doth wrighting threr tag AND the crew tag, Like ture is the tagger, and he wrights ubs, his crew...

Anything else just let me know...

Xadacka™/SANE

In all honesty the stuff that passes as graffiti in Galway is pathetic. It's little more than self indulgent ego massaging, "oh look theres my tag on a wall, I had to stand on my tip toes to get all the way up there".

Thanks xadacka, haven't had a good laugh all day but thanks to your pictures of your "tagging" that's been fixed. You know the old saying, don't give up the day job, I'd advise you to adhere to it.

Thanks xadacka, haven't had a good laugh all day but thanks to your pictures of your "tagging" that's been fixed. You know the old saying, don't give up the day job, I'd advise you to adhere to it.

ACTUALLy b1tch, all those pics were of when i was a toy, all those pics are of my old tags, i have no pics up of my pics, so Screw u!

xadacka wrote:
    ACTUALLy b1tch, all those pics were of when i was a toy, all those pics are of my old tags, i have no pics up of my pics, so Screw u!

The intelligent, well thought out reply expected. Like so many of your contemporaries, you lack the most fundamental skill of tagging, that being talent.

Any chance that youmight use a spell checker next time or possibly learn to spell?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

wait, is graffiti cool now like bebo or thundercats?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement