Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

True Ubs Tag/ Graffiti

Options

Comments

Doodee wrote:
    wait, is graffiti cool now like bebo or thundercats?

Some of it is. Venice Beach is covered in some truely amazing graffiti. Unlike over here where its just names and insults sprayed at eyelevel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

What ever happened to "word".
    Surely he was a master of Irish style tagging.
    Here is an ascii art versions of words tag now it doesn't really do it justice but get ready "WORD".
    Amazing isn't it? and of course for a while it was plastered on any easily accessible wall all over the flippin city.
    Hopefully he died roaring like dorans ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

Some of it is. Venice Beach is covered in some truely amazing graffiti. Unlike over here where its just names and insults sprayed at eyelevel.

been to venice beach, seen it, seen some brilliant stuff in Seattle, London, Nairobi etc. in fairness, unless your a tagger yourself and are able to do decent stencils and stuff then calling other people **** is rather easy, however, i do agree, most of the stuff i've seen in ireland is fairly "Tame".

original point is how unimaginative people look at the retro to try be different :/

Doodee wrote:
    been to venice beach, seen it, seen some brilliant stuff in Seattle, London, Nairobi etc. in fairness, unless your a tagger yourself and are able to do decent stencils and stuff then calling other people **** is rather easy, however, i do agree, most of the stuff i've seen in ireland is fairly "Tame".

original point is how unimaginative people look at the retro to try be different :/

I know it's quiet easy to criticise others work, but the vast majority of Irish taggers lack any style or talent. Some of the tagging I have seen around the world is breath taking. It's unique and skillfully done, where as over here a lot of wannabe taggers lack any talent. Just take a look around any city or town in Ireland to see how devoid of talent most of these people are.

but you find the same the world over, its folks for strokes. have to accept the bad with the good unless your actively going to make a change (i.e. start using your own imagination).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Ah sure most taggers in galway are just people from the westside writing "will ya ride me sister for 10 major" using only a sharpy and their arse.

Wait till the MBP crew start kicking,
    Galway will never have seen so much Gwoan!

Try looking at what they call tagging in Ballina. I've yet to find a single piece in which all the words are spelt correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

xadacka wrote:
    (Snip) Well DARE is getting big atm, FANS is big, but hes just a toy ...

Wth is a toy then?

And @ your earlier comment about how the commissioned graffiti is shit, imo thats the only thing that I would categorize as graffiti - scrawling your name or some pathetic handle up on a wall is some uniform drab color is just simply vandalism.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 xadacka

ZorbaTehZ wrote:
    Wth is a toy then?

And @ your earlier comment about how the commissioned graffiti is shit, imo thats the only thing that I would categorize as graffiti - scrawling your name or some pathetic handle up on a wall is some uniform drab color is just simply vandalism.

A toy is some one whos only objsctive is to get there name up every where...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭nobodythere

xadacka wrote:
    See, at least your resiaoniable about the whole thing....

...You didn't listen to anything I said!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

ffs, this has boiled down to some n00b trying to say that he's an artist. go to camden, i thought i'd seen graffiti until i'd been there...
    when done skillfully graffiti can be excellent but some 15 year old with a can of purple spraypaint intended for marking sheep is NOT grafitti
    in sligo all you can see is ***** ******* is a co ck sucker (i'm leaving the name out here) it's pure 5hite. now i havent't been out any night with a backpack full of cans, but you can tell which stuff is by a tweenager and an artist and galway is leaning on the crap side.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Who is the desired audience for this Grafitti?, I know everyone that walks by can see it but I'd imagine most people like me are used to seeing some random crap sprayed onto a wall and just pay no notice, is it a thing that other 'crews' are supposed to see it and if so whats the point?...why don't yee just get into a boxing ring or play a nice healthy game of checkers?, If you have the desire to release your artistic creativity why don't you paint a picture and submit it to a gallery or post it on the internet?..... 'Wompa1 woz ere'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Try looking at what they call tagging in Ballina. I've yet to find a single piece in which all the words are spelt correctly.

Cows keep moving while the lads are writing on their backs.

kdjac

Im done with all ye pr1cks,

Ye're all just haters on the subject, you know nothing, you just anti-graffiti, you cant see the art in it.

If u want a 1-1 RESIONABLE tlk add xadacka@gmail.com to ur msn, if all u wanna do is complain, dnt waste yout time...

Xadacka™/SANE

there is art to graffiti, just not the single coloured tags you see around galway. if i was in galway now i'd be able to picture some good stuff and also show what i think is pure crap.
    i love how you didnt put up any of your own work to show your 1337 skillz...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

xadacka wrote:
    you know nothing

I'd place money on anyone here knowing a lot more than you. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

xadacka wrote:
    Im done with all ye pr1cks,

Ye're all just haters on the subject, you know nothing, you just anti-graffiti, you cant see the art in it.

If u want a 1-1 RESIONABLE tlk add xadacka@gmail.com to ur msn, if all u wanna do is complain, dnt waste yout time...

Xadacka™/SANE

Sod off so you little git.

banned.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭sgthighway

At the end of the day I think anybody who goes around spraying paint on public/private property is scum....... sorry I was supposed to say; SCUM. Just my opinion but I think the sooner the likes of James gets a new hobby the sooner he will get a life.

And for all does who don't mind it just think of your Tax paying for someone to remove it all. Name and shame them all I say.

P.S. - How do I SPAM a gma!l account?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

xadacka wrote:

The westside graff is s**t kuz its comissioned

Take it you don't know who was commissioned to do that "****" graffiti in Westside, right?

• Advertisement

SyxPak wrote:
    Sod off so you little git.

banned.gif

Going to miss his intelligent thought out replies. :D

KdjaCL wrote:
    Cows keep moving while the lads are writing on their backs.

kdjac

It's a damn nuisance. They tried drugging them but ended up using it all on themselves. :)

Ok, my BADDD, i take back the westside piece thing, Seriously, my bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 ehh

shut upp u queer,your **** and your not in GFC and fans would kill you in everyway,

and yes the galway graffiti scene is a joke..

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

ehh wrote: »
    shut upp u queer,your **** and your not in GFC and fans would kill you in everyway,

and yes the galway graffiti scene is a joke..
    banned.gif

Have a read of the charter to see why. See you in a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

LMAO @ Your bebo................................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 ehh

donmeister wrote: »

hahaha
    nice find

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

donmeister wrote: »
    Jesus, there's enough raw material to keep going until Christmas.

epic lulz

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

It's a damn shame that we cant have a decent discussion on graffiti in Galway without people getting banded and hurling insults at each other. I have to say I think its as much to do with the bad attitude of people on this board to non regulars then the attitude of the non regulars themselves (I refuse to use the word n00b)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement