Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

123.ie

Options
  • 09-07-2007 10:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭

Got my house insurance renewal from one of the main players. Had shopped around previously, and have car insurance with them, so reckon I had a good quote. Also got another quote from another player a few weeks ago, which was a lot more expensive.
    After hearing radio ad's for the above company(www.123.ie), went to their website, and the online quote was better.
    Has anyone else had any experiences with them? Especially around claims handling etc.
    All advice welcome!

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

123 are only a broker. If you had to make a claim you would deal directly with the insurance company with whom you have taken out your policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭redman

I switched to them last year, they are just a broker but saved €170 last year.

This year they bumped the price up by €90, so I rang threatening to move and got last years price again! (a bit cheeky of them, felt they were taking the mick as it only took 10secs for the decision to drop the price)

Anyhow good brokerage service.The real test of course will be to get a reference from someone whos actually used them for a claim.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Rashers72

Did not realise that...

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭wasim21k

well price wise is they are really good as now i m paying mortgage protection 900/year and they gave me 211/year which is really good and more interesting insurance company is same which is eagle star

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭flynnser19

permanent tsb have the lowest house insurance rates on the market at the moment!!i work there thats how i know!!!but im only 19 so i dont wory about that kinda stuff jus over heard it in a meeting!!!thot id let ya's know!!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Rashers72

I think with Permanent TSB it might depend on location/valuation etc.
    Tried the online quote - it was identical to simply mortgages.ie to the cent.
    Rang my existing insurance company, and asked them to match 123.ie, which they were happy to do. Paid by credit card over the phone, and all done.
    Done the same with my car insurance, and again they matched it.
    Still a pain that you have to ring around/check other companies online.
    The AA insurance side used to claim in their renewal letters that they had already searched the market place for the cheapest quote, yet I could generally get cheaper. Don't know if they still do that.

Advertisement